Cooking oil is essential to the operation of a commercial kitchen. Foodservice businesses must have procedures in place to handle their cooking oil safely from when it is delivered until it is stored and collected for cooking oil recycling after use. The best way for businesses to ensure that their cooking oil is handled properly and recycled after use is to work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental for used cooking oil (UCO) pickup.
Mahoney Environmental works with restaurants and foodservice businesses in Washington, DC and the surrounding areas to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling services. We help many different foodservice businesses with used cooking oil pickup including restaurants, bars, shared kitchen, ghost kitchens, universities, hotels, grocery stores, and more. The used cooking oil we pickup is recycled with an environmentally friendly process and reused for biofuel production and animal feed.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is important for the safety and efficiency of a commercial kitchen for the cooking oil to be handled properly from when it arrives until after it is used and stored. Used cooking oil must be picked up regularly before the storage tank gets full, and regular pickups reduce the risk of spills and theft. Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental provide regular waste oil pickup to collect used cooking oil before the storage tank fills.
Foodservice businesses that work with us for their cooking oil recycling will get regular pickups. We will load the used cooking oil into our trucks directly from your storage tanks so we can transport it to a facility for recycling. Our recycling services are set up to accommodate the unique needs of each business. Your business can improve the safety of your kitchen and help save money on frying costs by working with us for waste cooking oil recycling.
Mahoney Environmental is a nationwide leader and licensed EPA used cooking oil recycler. We provide complete cooking oil services including environmentally compliant cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks as well as used cooking oil pickup and recycling. The used cooking oil we pickup is recycled for the production of feed and biofuels.
Our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services include the following:
- Cooking oil storage equipment
- Monitoring of used cooking oil levels
- Used cooking oil pickup
- Used cooking oil recycling
Foodservice businesses can ensure that their used cooking oil is always picked up and taken for recycling when they work with Mahoney Environmental for waste cooking oil collection.
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Service
Grease traps are an important feature in commercial kitchens that prevent fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from washing down the drain. If these materials enter the sewer system, they can cause serious damage and pollute the surrounding areas. It is also against municipal codes to wash oils and grease down the drain which can result in your business getting fined.
Grease traps use a system of baffles that separate fats, oil, and grease from the water and contain them within the trap. This allows the water to pass through and drain into the sewer without the oil and grease. The grease traps need to be cleaned out regularly by a professional or the collection of oil and grease will clog the traps.
Make sure you check your grease traps regularly to ensure that they are not clogged. Clogged grease traps can cause the following problems:
- Kitchen flooding
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation
- Business closures
The commercial grease trap cleaning, maintenance, and installation services provided by Mahoney Environmental include the following:
- Regular maintenance: Our regularly scheduled commercial grease trap services will ensure that your grease traps get the maintenance they need and that they are cleaned out consistently.
- Cleaning and repair: We will remove all built up FOG from the grease traps and provide repairs if needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet your grease traps to remove touch clogs.
- Inspection report: We will create a report of the condition of your grease traps and share it with you for your records.
- History reports: We create a documented history of the condition, maintenance, and repairs of your grease traps which helps us identify issues and anticipate future maintenance needed.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We are available 24 hours a day to provide emergency repairs or cleanup of your grease traps.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: There are regulations in place that prohibit draining fats, oil, and grease into the sewer system. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services will keep you in compliance of these regulations to avoid fines.
You can keep your grease traps in good working order and ensure compliance with local and state regulations by working with Mahoney Environmental for commercial grease trap cleaning.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
Cooking oil needs to be handled safely with the proper equipment from when it enters the kitchen until it is used and eventually stored after use. If cooking oil is mishandled at any point, there is an increased risk of burns and injuries from spills. The safest and most effective way to handle cooking oil is for commercial kitchens to have the proper equipment in place to move the cooking oil to the fryers and then to the storage containers after use.
Mahoney Environmental provides and installs automated cooking oil handling systems in commercial kitchens. This equipment makes it safe and easy for kitchen employees to move cooking oil from the fryers to storage containers with a much lower risk of a spill or accident. We provide and install the following automated cooking oil systems:
- Direct Connection: This system connects the fryers directly to the storage tank so all you have to do is turn a lever or flip a switch to move the used cooking oil.
- Indoor System: With our indoor system, the pipelines run near the fryers from the used oil containers, not directly into them. The cooking oil will need to be filtered with a filter machine for this setup.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are installed outside to store used cooking oil. These tanks are insulated and heated and include a screen on the fill opening, so the used cooking oil is filtered on its way in. These tanks also feature a level monitoring sensor and an anti-theft lock. You need to use an oil shuttle to move used cooking oil into these tanks.
We can provide the following with our automated cooking oil systems:
- Connective piping
- Used oil containers
- Oil shuttles
- Fryer filter machines
Call Your Washington, DC Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Commercial kitchens in Washington, DC and the surrounding area can work with Mahoney Environmental to pick up and recycle used cooking oil, provide grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and install automated systems for cooking oil handling.
Give Mahoney Environmental a call at (800) 892-9392 for more information.