Cooking oil is a staple of commercial kitchens as it is used every day and it needs to be handled properly before, during, and after use. Used cooking oil especially needs to be safely transferred to the appropriate storage containers before being picked up by a professional for cooking oil recycling. For foodservice businesses to ensure that their used cooking oil is recycled, they should work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental.
Mahoney Environmental provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services in San Diego, CA to help commercial kitchens. We can provide used cooking oil recycling for different foodservice businesses such as bars, restaurants, ghost kitchens, grocery stores, universities, and hotels among others. Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental will provide regular used cooking oil (UCO) pickup for restaurant oil recycling.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
After several uses, cooking oil will pass its useful life and it will need to be stored so it can be picked up for cooking oil recycling. It is important for the used cooking oil to be transferred and stored properly in storage tanks to reduce the risk of spills, burns, and injuries. Proper storage and recycling also prevent the used oil from contaminating the natural environment. To make sure your cooking oil is properly recycled, foodservice businesses should work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental for fryer oil disposal and recycling.
We work with foodservice businesses to provide regular pickups of used cooking oil and take the oil to our facility for recycling. Our fryer oil recycling services will help keep workplaces safe and lower frying costs and we adjust these services to meet the specific needs of each business. The used cooking oil will be loaded directly from your tanks to our trucks for proper transport and oil disposal.
As a licensed EPA recycler, Mahoney Environmental provides complete fryer oil recycling services. We can design and install cooking oil handling and storage equipment for your commercial kitchen, and we will accurately report the used cooking oil we collect from you. The used cooking oil is taken to our facility where it can be recycled and repurposed to produce renewable fuel and plastics.
The following are included with our fryer oil recycling services:
- Cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks
- Monitoring of used cooking oil storage tanks
- Used fryer oil pickup
- Used fryer oil recycling
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
All commercial kitchens must have grease traps to ensure that fats, oils, and grease (FOG) do not get washed down the drain. If these materials do go down the drain, they can damage the sewer system and contaminate the natural environment. Allowing oils and grease to go down the drain is also against local codes and could result in violations and fines.
Restaurant grease traps filter oils and grease by separating them from the water with a system of baffles. These materials will rise and get caught in the traps. If the built-up grease is not removed regularly from the traps, it can cause them to become clogged and prevent proper drainage. Clogged grease traps cause the following problems:
- Foul odors
- Kitchen flooding
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closure
Mahoney Environmental provides grease trap installation as well as cleaning and maintenance to help keep your grease traps in working order. You can expect the following from our grease trap cleaning services:
- Regular maintenance: You can schedule regular maintenance with our professionals to inspect your grease traps and fix any issues.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean out your grease traps and provide necessary repairs.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet the traps to remove tough clogs.
- Inspection report: We will detail the work completed and condition of your traps on each visit.
- History reports: The inspection reports we create help us keep track of the history of your traps so we can anticipate needed maintenance and fix any issues before they get worse.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: Problems with the grease traps can create emergencies like flooding. We are available 24 hours a day to provide emergency cleaning and maintenance.
- Compliance with regulations: Your business will stay in compliance with local and state regulations with cleaned and well-maintained grease traps.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
A system for handling and storing cooking oil should be found in every commercial kitchen. Automated grease handling systems allow for the transfer of used cooking oil from the fryers to restaurant grease disposal containers without directly touching the oil. These systems also make workplaces safer by reducing the risk of spills, burns, and injuries.
Mahoney Environmental can install automated used cooking oil systems that include frying oil filter machines and commercial grease storage containers. The automated systems we install include the following:
- Direct Connection: The fryers are connected directly to your storage tank with our Direct Connection Recycler System. You can transfer used cooking oil to the storage tank by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor filter system runs pipes from the used oil tanks to the fryers, but they are not connected directly. Used cooking oil is filtered using a fryer oil filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: We provide heated and insulated outdoor storage tanks with a screen filter over the opening and the option of a level monitoring sensor. These tanks also come with anti-theft locks.
A few of our most common grease storage containers are:
- ClearView Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Outside Enclosure 72 w/ CO2 Cabinet
Call Your San Diego Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental provides foodservice businesses in the San Diego, CA area with cooking oil related services including fryer oil disposal and recycling, restaurant grease trap cleaning, and grease disposal containers.
You can reach us at (800) 892-9392 to learn more.