It is important for all foodservice businesses to have a plan and system to handle fresh and used cooking oil. Cooking oil is essential for food preparation in commercial kitchens, and it needs to be safely handled and stored for cooking oil recycling after it is used. To ensure regular used cooking oil (UCO) pickup, it helps for foodservice businesses to work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental.
Mahoney Environmental helps foodservice businesses by providing used cooking oil pickup and recycling services in the Houston, TX area. We can pick up and recycle used cooking oil for various foodservice businesses including restaurants, bars, grocery stores, hotels, ghost kitchens, shared kitchens, and universities. Used cooking oil recycling is the process of repurposing the used oil for the production of biofuels and animal feed.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
The handling and storage of cooking oil must be done properly from the time fresh cooking oil arrives until it needs to be transferred to the storage container after use. Your stored used cooking oil should be picked up regularly before your storage container fills and regular pickups can help reduce the risk of spills and theft. Mahoney Environmental provides waste cooking oil pickup and recycling to take the used oil from your storage container.
We provide regularly scheduled waste oil pickups for businesses that are part of our waste cooking oil recycling program. Our professionals transfer the oil from your storage container directly to our trucks so we can take it to our facility for recycling. Our cooking oil recycling services will be tailored to the specific needs of your business. By working with us for regular used cooking oil pickups, you can reduce your frying costs and improve the safety and sanitation of your kitchen.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed EPA recycler that provides waste cooking oil recycling nationwide. We provide and install cooking oil equipment and storage tanks to ensure the safe handling of the cooking oil and we will provide you with an accurate report of the used cooking oil we pick up from your establishment. The used cooking oil is taken to our facility where it will be recycled and repurposed to make animal feed and biofuels.
Our waste cooking oil pickup and recycling services include the following:
- Installation of used cooking oil storage tanks
- Monitoring of used cooking oil levels in your tanks
- Regular pickup of used cooking oil
- Cooking oil recycling
Foodservice businesses can ensure that their used cooking oil is properly recycled by working with Mahoney Environmental.
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Service
Commercial kitchens must protect the sewer system by having working grease traps that prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed down the drain. Oil and grease can cause damage to the sewer system if they are washed down the drain and they are harmful to the natural environment. If you do not properly filter the grease and oil, you may be in violation of local codes that can result in fines.
Grease traps use a system of baffles that separate fats, oil, and grease from the water and cause them to rise in the traps where they are stored. These traps need to be cleaned out regularly or the stored oil and grease can clog the trap and prevent proper filtering and drainage.
It is important to routinely check your grease traps to prevent clogs and other issues. If the traps become clogged, you may experience the following problems:
- Kitchen flooding
- Unpleasant odors
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closures
The grease trap cleaning and maintenance services from Mahoney Environmental include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We provide scheduled maintenance to clean out your traps and ensure that they are working properly.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clear the oil and grease from the traps and provide necessary repairs.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet grease traps to remove stubborn clogs.
- Inspection report: We will provide you with a report on the condition of your grease traps on every visit.
- History report: Our inspection reports allow us to keep a history of maintenance and issues with your grease traps which helps us identify potential problems and anticipate what maintenance is needed.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can respond to your call 24 hours a day to provide emergency cleanup if your grease traps overflow.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: By properly filtering the grease and oil and preventing it from going down the drain, you will avoid violating municipal and state regulations that could result in fines.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
Cooking oil must always be handled and stored properly from when it arrives as fresh cooking oil until it is stored after use. If cooking oil is not handled or stored properly, there is a higher risk of spills, burns, and injuries. It is important for commercial kitchens to have equipment that allows for the safe transfer and storage of used cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental provides and installs equipment for automated cooking oil handling systems that allow people to transfer used cooking oil without touching the oil. The automated cooking oil systems that we provide include the following:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects your fryers directly to your used cooking oil storage tank so you can transfer the used cooking oil automatically by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system features pipelines that run from the storage containers to the fryers, but they do not connect directly. The cooking oil must be filtered with a fryer filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our outdoor bulk containers are insulated and heated and have a filter screen over the opening as well as a level sensor to monitor the amount of used cooking oil in the tank. These tanks are also protected with an anti-theft lock. The cooking oil needs to be transferred to this tank with an oil shuttle.
We can provide the following for automated cooking oil systems:
- Storage containers for used cooking oil
- Connective piping
- Oil shuttles
- Fryer filter machines
Call Your Houston Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is ready to work with foodservice businesses in Houston, TX to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and installation of automated cooking oil systems.
Give us a call at (800) 892-9392 for more information about our cooking oil services.