Commercial kitchens cannot run efficiently without cooking oil, and it is important for the safety and efficiency of the kitchen for the cooking oil to be handled properly. Proper cooking oil handling starts when it arrives as fresh oil and it must be transferred to a storage tank after use so it can be picked up for recycling. Foodservice businesses can ensure proper handling, storage, and used cooking oil (UCO) pickup by working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental.
Mahoney Environmental provides used cooking oil pick up and recycling services in Boston, MA to help businesses in the food service industry. We work with a variety of foodservice businesses for UCO pickup including restaurants, bars, cafés, hotels, grocery stores, universities, shared kitchens, and ghost kitchens. We schedule regular pickups to get the UCO from your storage tanks and take it to our facility for recycling.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is important for cooking oil to be handled and stored properly before, during, and after use. Once the cooking oil has passed its useful life, it must be safely transported and stored in a proper storage tank until it is picked up for recycling. UCO pickups should be done regularly to prevent the storage tank from filling up and reduce the risk of theft. With regular UCO pickups from Mahoney Environmental, you never have to worry about your tank getting full.
With our waste cooking oil program, we offer regular pickups of UCO for foodservice businesses. We will load the UCO straight from your storage container to our trucks for safe transport to our recycling facility. Our UCO pickup services are always tailored to the unique needs of your business. You can expect lower frying costs and a safer working environment with the proper storage and regular pickups of UCO.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed EPA recycler and nationwide leader in used cooking oil recycling. We keep an accurate record of the UCO that we collect from your business, and we can also provide the cooking oil handling equipment and storage containers you need to be compliant. We take your UCO to our facility so it can be recycled for the production of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
You can expect the following from our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Equipment for the transport and storage of cooking oil
- UCO level monitoring
- Regular pickup of UCO
- Recycling of UCO
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Every commercial kitchen must have functional grease traps to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from washing down the drain and into the sewer system. These materials can cause damage to the sewer system and pollute the natural environment if washed down the drain. Allowing FOG down the drain also violates municipal codes and could get your business fined.
Grease traps stop FOG from washing down the drain by using a system of baffles to separate and contain these materials within the trap. The built-up FOG needs to be cleaned regularly from the traps or they could clog and cause problems within the kitchen.
Clogged grease traps can result in the following:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closure
We provide grease trap installation, as well as cleaning and maintenance services for the traps that include the following:
- Regular maintenance: Our regularly scheduled maintenance will help us address needed repairs and keep your traps clear of built-up FOG.
- Cleaning and repair: We provide regular grease trap cleaning as well as any repairs needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove difficult clogs by rotting and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: We create an inspection report of the condition of your traps.
- History reports: The inspection reports we make on each visit help us keep a complete history on your grease traps so we can anticipate and address potential problems and needed maintenance.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: You can reach us 24 hours a day to address problems with your grease traps and avoid interruptions to your business.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: Maintaining your grease traps to prevent FOG from washing down the drain will keep you in compliance with municipal and state codes and avoid fines and business closure.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
It is important for the safety and efficiency of the kitchen for the cooking oil to be handled and stored properly. Mishandling cooking oil can increase the risk of workplace accidents like burns and injuries. Commercial kitchens need a cooking oil handling system and equipment in place to ensure the safe transfer and storage of UCO.
Mahoney Environmental provides automated cooking oil handling systems to transfer and store cooking oil. We can design and install systems that fit your kitchen and make the transfer of UCO much easier and safer as your employees will not have to touch the oil. The automated cooking oil handling systems we offer include the following:
- Direct Connection: We can connect your fryers directly to the storage containers with our Direct Connect Recycler System. This system allows you to flip a switch or turn a lever to transfer the UCO.
- Indoor System: Our indoor solution includes an interior storage container with piping that connects to your fryers. A portable filter machine can be used for oil filtration.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: The containers are heated and insulated to be used for outdoor storage and have a filtering screen over the opening and a level sensor. They also feature an anti-theft lock for protection.
Our cooking oil handling systems include the following:
- Fryer filter machines
- Connective piping
- Oil shuttles
- UCO storage tanks
Call Your Boston Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Foodservice businesses in Boston, MA and the surrounding areas can turn to Mahoney Environmental for cooking oil services including UCO pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and automated cooking oil handling systems.
You can learn more by calling Mahoney Environmental at (800) 892-9392.