Many restaurants and commercial kitchens need cooking oil to operate their establishments and it is important for the cooking oil to be handled properly at all stages of use. Safe and effective cooking oil handling and storage helps improve the efficiency of commercial kitchens and contributes to a safer working environment. Working with a professional that provides used cooking oil (UCO) pickup services like Mahoney Environmental helps ensure that foodservice businesses handle cooking oil properly from before use until it is collected for recycling.
Mahoney Environmental works with restaurants and commercial kitchens in New York, NY and the surrounding NYC metro area to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling services. Our professionals work with all types of foodservice businesses including restaurants, bars, hotels, grocery stores, shared kitchens, ghost kitchens, universities, and more. We establish regular pickup times to collect used cooking oil and ensure it is properly recycled.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is important for cooking oil to be stored and handled properly from the time it arrives as fresh cooking oil to after it is used and stored. Used cooking oil must be transferred in the proper containers from the fryers to the storage tanks and it needs to be picked up on a regular basis. Proper handling of the oil and regular UCO pickups help prevent spills and injuries and reduce the risk of theft. The regular UCO pickups from Mahoney Environmental will occur before your tank ever gets full.
Our waste cooking oil collection program includes regular UCO pickup services to help foodservice businesses. Your used cooking oil can be loaded directly into our trucks from your storage containers and transported to a recycling facility. We work with each of our clients to ensure that our UCO pickup services accommodate their specific needs. You can expect a cleaner kitchen, safer working environment, and lower frying costs with our regular waste cooking oil pickups.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed EPA recycler and industry leader in UCO collection and recycling. All used cooking oil that we pick up will be accurately reported and we can provide your business with the proper cooking oil handling equipment and storage containers to keep your business in compliance. We take the UCO to our facility where it can be recycled to produce plastics, renewable diesel fuel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), and other products.
You can expect the following with our UCO pickup services:
- Cooking oil transport and storage equipment
- Monitoring of UCO levels in storage containers
- Pickup of used cooking oil
- Used cooking oil recycling
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Every commercial kitchen and restaurant must have grease traps to help prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from getting into the sewer system. FOG can cause damage to the sewer system when washed down the drain and pollute the natural environment. Allowing FOG down the drain also violates municipal codes which can cause your establishment to be fined.
Grease traps work by separating fats, oil, and grease from the water so that they are caught in the trap. The buildup of FOG within the traps must be removed regularly as the traps will become clogged if they are not cleaned. When grease traps are not cleaned regularly, commercial kitchens can experience the following:
- Contamination and health issues
- Foul odors
- Business closure
- Expensive remediation
Mahoney Environmental can help foodservice businesses keep their grease traps in working order with our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services. We provide the following with these services:
- Regular maintenance: Our professionals will come to your business regularly to check on your grease traps to provide needed maintenance and repairs.
- Cleaning and repair: We can provide regular grease trap cleanings and take care of repairs when something goes wrong.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove difficult clogs by rodding and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: Every visit, we provide a report on the state of your grease traps and the work we did.
- History reports: Our inspection reports help us document the history of your grease traps which allows us to anticipate maintenance and prevent problems with the traps.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: Our professionals can come any time to clean your grease traps and help minimize business interruptions.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: There are municipal and state codes commercial kitchens must follow to prevent FOG from entering the sewer system. Violations of these codes could result in fines or a temporary shutdown.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
It is important for cooking oil to be handled, transported, and stored properly within commercial kitchens. Improper handling and storage of cooking oil increases the risk of spills which leads to burns and injuries. All commercial kitchens must have a system in place that includes equipment for the proper moving and storage of cooking oil.
At Mahoney Environmental, we can install cooking oil handling systems and provide the necessary storage tanks and equipment for safe handling. The automated systems we offer don’t require your employees to touch the oil itself which prevents accidents and injuries.
We can provide the following cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: We can connect your fryers directly to the storage tank with our Direct Connection Recycler System. You can send the UCO to the storage tank by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor solution includes an interior storage container with piping that connects to your fryers. A portable filter machine can be used for oil filtration.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: These containers are insulated for outdoor storage with a filter screen over the opening and a sensor to monitor the level of UCO in the tank. These tanks also feature anti-theft locks.
You can expect the following with our automated cooking oil systems:
- Oil shuttles
- Connective piping
- Fryer filter machines
- UCO storage tanks
Call Mahoney Environmental for Used Cooking Oil Recycling
Mahoney Environmental works with commercial kitchens and restaurants in the New York City metro area and Long Island to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling services as well as grease trap cleaning and maintenance and automated cooking oil handling systems. You can call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 892-9392 to learn more.