Every business in the foodservice industry must have a plan when it comes to the use and disposal of cooking oil. Cooking oil is important for the operation of a commercial kitchen and after the oil is used, the cooking oil disposal must be done properly. It is best for businesses in the foodservice industry to work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental for used cooking oil (UCO) pickup.
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Seattle, WA and the surrounding areas. We work with a range of businesses including restaurants, bars, hotels, grocery stores, universities, shared kitchens, and ghost kitchens to provide used oil pickup and ensure it is properly recycled. Used cooking oil recycling is the environmentally friendly process of repurposing the oil for animal feed and diesel fuel.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
Cooking oil needs to be stored and handled properly from when it first arrives as fresh cooking oil until it is stored after use. It is important to have the used cooking oil picked up regularly as it will take up space in your storage container, and keeping it around increases the risk of theft or accidents that can cause a spill. At Mahoney Environmental, we provide waste oil pickup to remove used cooking oil from the premises.
Businesses that are part of our waste cooking oil collection program will get regularly scheduled waste oil pickups. Our professionals will load it from your storage tank into our trucks and take it to a facility where it can be properly recycled. We work with businesses directly to set up a recycling program that suits their specific needs. Our waste cooking oil recycling program will help improve the safety and sanitation of your kitchen as well as lower your frying costs.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed EPA recycler and nationwide leader in waste cooking oil recycling. You can expect us to provide accurate and accountable reporting of your used cooking oil and even provide cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks to keep you environmentally compliant. Our sister company Mendota Agri-Products recycles the used cooking oil to produce products like animal feed and biofuels.
You can expect the following from our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Cooking oil storage equipment
- Used cooking oil level monitoring
- Pickups of used cooking oil
- Recycling of the cooking oil
By working with Mahoney for waste cooking oil collection, you can ensure that your used cooking oil is regularly collected and properly transported for recycling.
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Service
Every commercial kitchen must have grease traps installed to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from going down the drain and getting into the sewer system. If these substances make their way to the sewer system, they can cause damage to the system and pollute the natural environment. Your business is also at risk of fines from violations if you allow oils and grease to get washed down the drain.
Grease traps filter fats, oil, and grease from water using a system of baffles that cause these materials to separate and rise from the water and become contained within the trap. The water is then allowed to pass through the system and into the sewer. It is important to have a professional provide commercial grease trap cleaning or the traps will become clogged.
You should regularly check your restaurant grease traps to make sure they are not becoming clogged. Clogged grease traps can result in the following for your restaurant:
- Foul odors
- Kitchen flooding
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closures
- Expensive remediation services
When you work with Mahoney Environmental for commercial grease trap services including cleaning, installation, and maintenance, you can expect the following:
- Regular maintenance: We provide regularly scheduled commercial grease trap services to remove built up grease and oil and maintain the traps.
- Cleaning and repair: We will eliminate all fats, oil, and grease from the traps and repair the equipment when needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove tough buildup by rodding out your grease traps.
- Inspection report: We will inspect your grease traps and give you a full report of their condition every visit.
- History reports: We will keep track of our inspection reports to have a documented history of your grease traps. This will help us anticipate any maintenance that may be needed and identify potential problems.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: You can call us 24 hours a day to provide cleaning and maintenance for your grease traps.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: Keeping fats, oil, and grease out of the sewer system will keep you in compliance with municipal and state regulations. Failure to comply may result in fines and temporary shutdown of your restaurant.
Working with Mahoney Environmental for commercial grease trap cleaning will help you keep your grease traps in order and stay in compliance with applicable regulations.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
It is important for employees in commercial kitchens to properly handle cooking oil before, during, and after use. Mishandling cooking oil can cause spills that lead to injuries and burns. All commercial kitchens should have a system in place to handle the transfer of cooking oil from the fryers to the storage tanks.
At Mahoney Environmental, we can provide and install automated systems to handle the transfer of cooking oil. Automated systems are the safest and fastest systems because employees do not have to touch the oil themselves. We can provide the following automated cooking oil systems:
- Direct Connection: With our Direct Connection Recycler System, the fryers are connected directly to the waste oil tank so you can transfer the oil with the flip of a switch or turn of a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system consists of indoor used oil containers with pipelines that run near the fryers, but not into them directly. A fryer filter machine is needed with this setup to filter the cooking oil.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: These commercial used cooking oil containers are installed outdoors, and they are insulated and heated with a screen over the fill opening to filter debris from the oil. These tanks also have an anti-theft lock and can have a level sensor installed to monitor the oil levels. An oil shuttle is needed to transfer the used cooking oil to the tank.
The automated cooking oil systems we provide can include the following:
- Used oil containers
- Connective piping
- Fryer filter machines
- Oil shuttles
Call Your Seattle Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Foodservice businesses in the Seattle, WA area can count on Mahoney Environmental for cooking oil related services including cooking oil pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and installation, and automated cooking oil handling systems.
You can call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 892-9392 to learn more.