Many foodservice businesses need cooking oil for their operations, and it is important to ensure that the used cooking oil (UCO) is repurposed after use. Commercial kitchens need to have the processes and equipment in place to collect and store their UCO so that it can be collected for recycling. Working with a professional UCO recycler like Mahoney Environmental promotes sustainability as the UCO is collected and taken to a facility to be recycled.
Mahoney Environmental offers sustainable waste solutions with our used cooking oil pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses. By working with us for UCO pickup and recycling, you can lower your frying costs and contribute to the sustainable practice of UCO recycling. Our used cooking oil recycling services are also environmentally friendly and can help you create safer working conditions.
Our Used Cooking Oil Recycling Process
When you work with Mahoney Environmental, you can expect regular UCO pickups from our trained professionals using the best equipment available to safely load and transport the oil. After we collect the UCO from your restaurant, it goes through the following process:
- Incoming UCO is screened to remove contaminants and then heated to remove fine particles. The UCO is then put into our heated settling tanks to separate the water and emulsion from the fryer oil.
- The emulsion is put through an evaporator to remove any remaining water and the water that is removed is put through wastewater treatment. This treatment converts organic compounds into carbon dioxide and methane through anaerobic respiration and the water is used for organic fertilizer.
- The remaining oils and solids are separated in a centrifuge.
- Finished oil is tested for quality control and screened for salmonella, BES, toxic substances, PCB, and pesticides. The oil is then shipped to our customers with traceability for all materials we sell.
- Almost 100 percent of the UCO we collect and recycle is sold as a feedstock for renewable fuels.
Sustainable UCO Recycling
UCO recycling promotes sustainability as repurposing used cooking oil for feedstock and renewable energy decreases demand for depleting energy sources. Mahoney Environmental helps increase the value and usefulness of used cooking oil while protecting the natural environment in the following ways:
UCO Pickup and Recycling with Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is dedicated to sustainable practices that help protect the natural environment, eliminate waste, and save your business money while helping you create a safer working environment. We can work with foodservice businesses to provide complete used cooking oil pickup and recycling services tailored to their specific needs.
You can call us at (800) 892-9392 to learn more about how we promote sustainability with used cooking oil recycling and how we can help your foodservice business.