Commercial kitchens and foodservice businesses need cooking oil to operate as well as a system in place to safely handle the cooking oil. Cooking oil must be stored and handled properly before, during, and after use to ensure safe working conditions and more efficient operations. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental for used cooking oil (UCO) pickup as a great way for foodservice businesses to ensure that they are properly handling their cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental works with foodservice businesses in Nashville, TN and the surrounding areas to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling services. We work with many types of foodservice businesses including restaurants, bars, hotels, grocery stores, universities, ghost kitchens, shared kitchens, and more. We will schedule regular UCO pickups to collect your used cooking oil and take it to our facility for recycling.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is important for foodservice businesses to properly store and handle cooking oil from when it arrives as fresh cooking oil until it is stored after use. Improper handling and storage of cooking oil increases the risk of spills and injuries and if used cooking oil is not stored safely, there is a risk of theft. When you work with Mahoney Environmental for UCO pickup and recycling, you can expect regular pickups before your tank gets full.
Our professionals will come to your establishment and load the UCO from your tanks directly into our trucks. The UCO will then be transported to our facility for recycling. We can tailor our UCO pickup services to suit the needs and schedule of your business and you do not need to interact with our professionals when we make a pickup. You can create a safer working environment and reduce your frying costs with the proper handling, storage, and pickups of your used cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed EPA recycler and a nationwide leader when it comes to UCO recycling. All of the UCO we pickup from your business will be accurately reported and we offer proper cooking oil handling equipment and storage containers that will keep your business in compliance. The UCO we collect is recycled at our facility and used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, plastics, and other products.
You can expect the following from our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Equipment to handle and store UCO
- UCO level monitoring in storage container
- Used cooking oil pickup
- Used cooking oil recycling
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
All commercial kitchens need working grease traps to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed down the drain. If these materials end up in the sewer system, they can pollute the natural environment and cause damage within the sewer. You can also get fined for washing FOG down the drain as this may violate municipal codes.
Grease traps separate FOG from the water using a system of baffles and store these materials within the trap. As the FOG accumulates, the risk of a clog increases. It is important to have the grease traps cleaned out regularly to prevent clogs and other issues.
If your grease traps are not cleaned out on a regular basis, you could experience the following problems:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closures
The grease trap installation, maintenance, and cleaning services from Mahoney Environmental include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance to check the condition of the traps and provide cleaning and repairs when needed.
- Cleaning and repair: We can remove built up FOG to clean the traps and provide the necessary repairs when there is a problem.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove clogs by rotting and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: An inspection report is provided to you on each visit.
- History reports: Documenting our inspections and the work we do on your traps will create a history that will help us anticipate needed maintenance and potential issues.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We provide emergency response 24 hours a day to clean and repair your traps and minimize disruptions to your business.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: It is against state and municipal codes to wash FOG down the drain. Keeping your grease traps clean and in working order will keep you in compliance with these codes and prevent fines or business closures from violations.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
Cooking oil must always be handled safely within commercial kitchens to prevent spills that can lead to burns and injuries. The best way to ensure safe handling between the fryers and storage is by having a cooking oil handling system in place.
At Mahoney Environmental, we can design and install automated cooking oil handling systems to ensure the safe transfer and storage of cooking oil. Our automated systems allow your employees to move the oil without touching it which helps prevent spills and accidents.
We can design and install the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: With our Direct Connect Recycler System, you can transfer the UCO from the fryers directly to the storage container by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor solution includes an interior storage container with piping that connects to your fryers. A portable filter machine can be used for oil filtration.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated for outdoor use and have a screen over the opening for filtering. They also feature level sensors and anti-theft locks.
We can supply the following with our automated systems:
- Fryer filter machines
- Oil shuttles
- Connective piping
- Storage tank for used cooking oil
Call Your Nashville Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental works with foodservice businesses in Nashville, TN and the surrounding areas to provide UCO pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and automated cooking oil handling systems.
Call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 892-9392 to learn more.