Restaurants and other foodservice establishments use cooking oil on a daily basis, and it is important for them to have the equipment and procedures in place for safe and effective storage and handling. Used cooking oil must be stored in the proper containers after use and recycled by a licensed professional. In order to ensure that their used cooking oil is recycled, foodservice businesses must work with a professional that provides restaurant grease pickup services.
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Washington, DC and the surrounding areas. Our professionals can help restaurants, bars, ghost kitchens, grocery stores, hotels, and universities with restaurant oil recycling services. We will make sure that your used cooking oil (UCO) is picked up and taken to a facility for oil recycling.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil can only be used for so many frying sessions before it has passed its useful life. Used cooking oil must then be stored in grease tanks until it is picked up for recycling. It is important to ensure that used cooking oil is stored properly to keep your workplace safe and protect the natural environment. The best way to ensure proper fryer oil disposal and recycling is to work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental who can make regular pickups for cooking oil recycling.
We provide foodservice businesses with regular cooking oil pickup and recycling services to remove your used cooking oil from your storage tanks. We work with each business to provide cooking oil pickup services that meet their specific needs to ensure a safer working environment and help lower frying costs. Our professionals will unload your used cooking oil from your tanks into our trucks so that we can take it to a facility for recycling.
As a licensed EPA recycler, Mahoney Environmental provides complete fryer oil recycling services. We can provide and install the equipment you need to safely store your oil and we will accurately track the used cooking oil that we collect from you. The used cooking oil is than recycled and used for the production of animal feed and biofuels by our sister company Mendota Agri-Products.
We provide the following fryer oil recycling services:
- Grease storage tank monitoring
- Installation of storage tanks and equipment
- Pickup of used cooking oil
- Cooking oil recycling
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
It is important for every commercial kitchen to have grease traps installed that filter out fats, oil, and grease (FOG) and prevent them from draining into the sewer. If these materials are allowed to go down the drain, they can damage the sewer system and pollute the natural environment. Your business could also be in violation of local codes and get fined if you do not ensure the proper filtering of grease and oil.
Restaurant grease traps work by filtering the fats, oil, and grease from the water with a system of baffles that causes these materials to rise to the top of the traps. If the built-up grease is not removed, it will eventually clog the trap and prevent the water from draining. If this occurs, you may experience the following issues:
- Foul odors
- Kitchen flooding
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closure
Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental can provide grease trap installation, cleaning, and maintenance to ensure that your grease traps are cleaned out and in working order. You can expect the following from our grease trap cleaning services:
- Regular maintenance: We provide regular grease trap maintenance in which our professionals will arrive to clean and maintain the traps.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean out the built-up grease from the traps and provide repairs if needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet grease traps to fix severe clogs.
- Inspection reports: We create a report of the condition of your traps and the maintenance provided on each visit.
- History reports: Keeping track of the reports from every visit helps us build a history of your grease traps which allows us to identify serious issues and future maintenance that may be needed.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We are available to provide emergency grease trap cleaning if a clog causes a problem in your kitchen.
- Compliance with regulations: You will avoid violating codes and regulations that can lead to fines by keeping your grease traps in working order.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
It is important for all commercial kitchens to have a system in place that allows them to safely handle cooking oil and transfer used cooking oil to the storage tank. An efficient system will lower frying costs and help prevent spills, burns, and injuries in your kitchen.
Mahoney Environmental offers the installation of equipment to handle the transportation of used cooking oil from the fryers to the grease storage containers. The equipment we provide includes the following:
- Direct connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects the fryers to your storage tank directly so you can transfer the oil to the tank by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor systems: Our indoor filter system runs pipelines from the oil tanks near the fryers, but they do not connect directly. You must use a frying oil filter machine to filter the cooking oil.
- Heated outdoor bulk container: Our outdoor bulk containers are heated and insulated with a screen over the opening to filter the oil. They also have anti-theft locks and level sensors to monitor the used cooking oil levels in the tank.
We provide the following grease storage containers:
- ClearView Inside Storage Tank
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-50 Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Outside Storage Tank
- Outside Enclosure 48
- Outside Enclosure 72
Call Your Washington, DC Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental provides cooking oil services for foodservice businesses in Washington, DC that includes restaurant grease trap cleaning, used cooking oil pickup and recycling, and installation of cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks.
You can call us at (800) 892-9392 to learn more.