Many restaurants and commercial kitchens cannot operate without cooking oil and it is important for these establishments to ensure the proper handling and storage of the oil. Commercial kitchens are safer and more efficient when there is a clear process in place that ensures safe handling and storage of fresh and used cooking oil. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental to handle the pickup of used cooking oil (UCO) will help ensure that your business handles and stores UCO properly.
Mahoney Environmental provides used cooking oil pickup and recycling services in Tampa, FL for businesses in the foodservice industry. We can work with any type of foodservice business including restaurants, cafés, bars, grocery stores, hotels, universities, shared kitchens, and ghost kitchens. We offer regularly scheduled pickups and take the UCO to our facility where it can be recycled and reused in the production of other products.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
Cooking oil always needs to be stored, transported, and disposed of properly to prevent spills and other accidents. After the cooking oil is used, it needs to be stored in a proper container so it can be picked up for recycling. Proper used cooking oil handling and storage prevents spills and injuries, and regular UCO pickups prevent theft. Mahoney Environmental will make sure your tank is never full with regular UCO pickups.
Businesses that are part of our waste cooking oil collection program will get regular UCO pickups from our professionals. We will load the UCO directly from your storage containers into our trucks so they can be transferred to our recycling facility. We work with each foodservice business to ensure that our UCO pickups suit their needs. Regular UCO pickups help you maintain a safer and more efficient working environment and they can lower your frying costs.
As an EPA-licensed recycler, Mahoney Environmental is an industry leader when it comes to UCO pickup and recycling. All of the UCO we collect from your business is accurately reported and taken to our recycling facility so it can be reused in the production of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products. We also provide businesses with cooking oil handling and storage equipment to ensure compliance with these standards.
The following are part of our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Monitoring of UCO levels
- Used cooking oil pickup
- Used cooking oil recycling
- Storage and handling equipment for used cooking oil
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Every commercial kitchen must have grease traps to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed down the drain and into the sewer system. These materials can cause damage to the sewer system as they solidify in water and the damage can be harmful to the natural environment. Washing FOG down the drain may also violate municipal codes that could result in fines.
Grease traps help keep FOG from going down the drain by separating them from the water with a system of baffles. The FOG is then contained within the trap which makes it necessary to clean out the traps regularly. If the FOG buildup is not cleaned out, the traps could clog and cause other issues.
If you do not have your grease traps cleaned out regularly, you may experience the following:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closures
The following are included with our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services:
- Regular maintenance: We can help ensure that your grease traps are functional and prevent issues with regular maintenance.
- Cleaning and repair: We can regularly clean your traps to remove the built-up FOG and provide repairs when there is an issue.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove any clogs by rodding or jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: We inspect your grease traps on each visit and provide an inspection report.
- History reports: We keep a documented history of your grease traps with our inspection reports which help us anticipate potential issues and needed maintenance.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can help with emergency cleaning and maintenance 24 hours a day.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: There are municipal and state codes in place against washing FOG down the drain. Being in compliance with these regulations with regular grease trap cleaning and maintenance will help you avoid fines or a shutdown for violating these codes.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
It is important for cooking oil to always be handled and stored properly, whether it is fresh or used cooking oil. There is a greater risk of spills that cause burns and injuries if cooking oil is not properly handled and stored. Commercial kitchens can ensure the safe handling of cooking oil with an automated system in place.
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide automated cooking oil handling systems for commercial kitchens. These systems allow the easy transfer of UCO from the fryers to the storage containers with no need to touch the oil. The cooking oil handling systems we provide include the following:
- Direct Connection: With our Direct Connect Recycler System, your fryers connect directly to your storage container so you can transfer the UCO with the flip of a switch or turn of a lever.
- Indoor System: This system includes an indoor UCO storage container with piping that runs to the fryers but without directly connecting. A portable filter machine is needed to filter the UCO.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Heated outdoor bulk containers are kept outdoors, and they are properly insulated and protected with an anti-theft lock. These containers also feature a level sensor and filter screen over the opening.
Our automated cooking oil systems consist of the following:
- Portable filter machines
- Oil shuttles
- Connective piping
- UCO storage container
Call Your Tampa Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental works with all types of foodservice businesses in the Tampa, FL area to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and the installation of automated cooking oil handling systems.
You can reach Mahoney Environmental to learn more by calling (800) 892-9392.