Commercial kitchens go through a lot of cooking oil and once the oil is used, it is important for it to be safely transported and stored for pick up. Cooking oil cannot be disposed of once it is used, it needs to be stored and taken to a facility to be recycled. Licensed professionals like Mahoney Environmental can provide regular used cooking oil (UCO) pickups.
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Tampa, FL. We work with a wide range of foodservice businesses to pick up and recycle their UCO including bars, restaurants, grocery stores, universities, hotels, shared kitchens, and ghost kitchens. We will provide regular pickups of your UCO and ensure it is properly recycled.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil has a limited useful life and once it can no longer be used, it needs to be stored in the proper containers. Foodservice businesses need to have their UCO picked up regularly for recycling to help prevent injuries and burns from spills and ensure that the oil does not affect the natural environment. Working with Mahoney Environmental is a great way for commercial kitchens to ensure regular UCO pickups.
We provide fryer oil disposal and recycling services in which we collect UCO and take it to our facility for recycling. We make sure these services are tailored to the specific needs of each of our clients. Our professionals will load the UCO from your storage containers into our trucks so we can take it to our recycling facility. Our UCO pickups not only help you maintain a safer working environment, but also lower your frying costs.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA licensed recycler that provides fryer oil recycling services as well as automated cooking oil handling and storage equipment for commercial kitchens. We accurately report the UCO we collect from your business and everything we collect is recycled and used in the production sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services include the following:
- Used fryer oil pickup
- UCO level monitoring
- UCO transport and recycling
- Automated cooking oil handling and storage equipment installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
It is important for commercial kitchens to have grease traps to filter the fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from going down the drain with the wastewater. FOG solidifies in water which can cause damage to the plumbing and sewage system that can even affect the natural environment. Washing FOG down the drain also violates municipal codes which can result in fines.
Grease traps separate FOG from the wastewater with a system of baffles that causes these materials to rise up from the water and get caught in the trap. The buildup of FOG needs to be cleaned out regularly or it could clog the trap and cause the following problems:
- Kitchen flooding
- Expensive remediation services
- Foul odors
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closure
Mahoney Environmental can help you with the upkeep of your traps with our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services. We can also install and repair your grease traps.
Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance for your grease traps to address potential issues before they cause damage.
- Cleaning and repair: We can clean out your traps to remove the built-up FOG and we can also provide repairs when needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod or jet your traps to remove clogs.
- Inspection report: We will provide you with an inspection report that details the condition of your traps and the work done.
- History reports: We keep a full documented history of the condition and work done on the grease traps so we can anticipate when maintenance is needed and prevent major issues.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We are on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies and provide cleanup to minimize interruptions to your business.
- Compliance with regulations: Keeping your grease traps clean and in working order will keep you in compliance with applicable regulations and avoid fines.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Commercial kitchens need to make sure that the cooking oil is handled and stored safely and properly before and after use. The best way to ensure safe handling of cooking oil and prevent spills that can lead to burns and injuries is by using proper cooking oil handling and storage equipment.
Mahoney Environmental can design and install cooking oil handling equipment for commercial kitchens that includes portable filter machines and grease disposal containers. We can install the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System includes storage tanks with piping that connects directly to the fryers. You can send UCO to the storage container by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system features a dedicated indoor storage tank with pipelines extending and connecting to the fryers. The UCO filtration process involves utilizing a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated and protected with anti-theft locks to be stored outdoors. They also have a filter screen over the opening and a level sensor.
The restaurant grease disposal containers we provide include the following:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection® 72 w/ CO2 Enclosure
Call Your Tampa Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed oil recycler that can help foodservice businesses in Tampa, FL with fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease disposal containers, and restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance services.
For more about our services, give us a call at (800) 893-9392.