Most commercial kitchens cannot operate without the efficient handling, use, and storage of cooking oil. Cooking oil is essential for the preparation of many different types of foods and proper handling and storage of the cooking oil helps create a safer and more efficient working environment. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental will ensure regular used cooking oil (UCO) pickups which will help your kitchen more effectively handle and store your cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental provides used cooking oil pickup and recycling services in Atlanta, GA and the surrounding areas. We work with a wide range of foodservice establishments including restaurants, cafés, bars, grocery stores, hotels, universities, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens. We will work with you to create a schedule for our professionals to come and pick up your UCO so we can take it to our facility to be recycled.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is very important for cooking oil to always be handled and stored with care, before and after use. The oil must be transferred to the fryers safely and the UCO needs to be transferred to a proper storage container where it can be picked up for recycling. Getting regular UCO pickups from Mahoney Environmental prevents UCO spills that can lead to injuries and reduces the risk of theft.
Businesses who join our waste cooking oil collection program will get regular pickups of their UCO. Our professionals will load your UCO directly into our trucks from your storage tank so it can be transferred for recycling. We will tailor our UCO recycling services to meet your specific needs to ensure that your kitchen is safe and help lower your frying costs.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA licensed recycler and nationwide leader in collecting and recycling UCO. All of the UCO we collect from your business will be accurately reported and we can also provide your business with the right equipment to handle and store cooking oil and help keep you in compliance with local codes. We recycle all UCO we collect so it can be used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
The following steps are included in our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- UCO level monitoring
- Equipment for the handling and storage of cooking oil
- Used cooking oil pickup
- Used cooking oil recycling
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Every commercial kitchen should include functional grease traps to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed down the drain. These materials can cause major damage within the sewer system which could lead to pollution. You may also violate local codes by allowing FOG to wash down your drains which could result in fines.
Grease traps help filter FOG from the draining water by using a system of baffles to separate these materials and contain them within the trap. The traps need to be cleaned out regularly as the FOG accumulates and can clog the traps which causes a range of problems for your kitchen.
The following problems can occur if your grease traps are not cleaned out:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation
- Contamination and health issues
- Closure of your business
The grease trap installation, maintenance, and cleaning services from Mahoney Environmental include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance to check on your traps and provide cleaning and repairs as necessary.
- Cleaning: We can clean out the built-up FOG regularly from your traps.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove clogs from your grease traps by rodding or jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: Everything we do is written into a report that we provide to you on each visit.
- History reports: We can form a history of all the work done on your traps with our inspection reports which helps us anticipate needed repairs and maintenance to prevent serious problems.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can come to your business at any time to clean up messes and clear the traps.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: Keeping your grease traps clean and functional with our cleaning and maintenance services will keep your business in compliance with municipal and state regulations and avoid fines.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
It is important for cooking oil to always be handled and stored properly. Mishandling of cooking oil can cause spills and increase the risk of burns and injuries. All commercial kitchens need a reliable system that allows for the safe transfer and storage of cooking oil before and after use.
Mahoney Environmental helps install automated systems for handling cooking oil, and we can even custom design systems to suit the specific needs of your kitchen. Our automated systems allow you to transfer the oil safely without touching it.
The cooking oil automated systems we offer include the following:
- Direct Connection: We can connect your fryers directly to your UCO storage containers with our Direct Connect Recycler System. You will only have to turn a lever or flip a switch to transfer the UCO.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system features an indoor UCO storage container that runs pipes to the fryers, but they do not connect directly. You will need a portable filter machine to filter the UCO.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: The heated outdoor bulk container is an insulated container that features a level sensor and filter screen over the opening. It also has an anti-theft lock for protection.
You can expect the following with our automated cooking oil systems:
- UCO storage tank
- Oil shuttles
- Portable filter machines
- Connective piping.
Call Your Atlanta Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental works with foodservice businesses in Atlanta, GA and the surrounding areas to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and automated cooking oil handing system installation.
You can learn more about our services by calling (800) 892-9392.