Commercial kitchens tend to use a lot of cooking oil which is why it is important for foodservice businesses to handle and store their cooking oil using the proper equipment. Cooking oil has a finite useful life and when it is no longer usable, it needs to be stored in a proper container so it can be picked up by a professional for recycling.
At Mahoney Environmental, we work with foodservice businesses in Atlanta, GA to provide restaurant grease pick up and disposal services. We can tailor our used cooking oil (UCO) pickup services to meet the specific needs of restaurants, bars, cafés, hotels, grocery stores, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens. You can make sure that your UCO is picked up regularly from your kitchen by working with our professionals.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil passes its useful life after several cycles in the fryer. When the cooking oil is no longer usable, it is important for it to be safely transferred to the proper storage container so it can be picked up for recycling. Businesses that work with a professional for regular UCO pickups help keep their kitchens safer and protect the natural environment. You can talk to our professionals at Mahoney Environmental to set up regular UCO pickups.
We provide UCO pickup and recycling services for all types of foodservice businesses, and we can tailor these services to suit your specific needs. Our professionals will transfer the UCO from your storage tanks directly to our trucks and then take the UCO to our facility for recycling. You can reduce your frying costs and help ensure a safe and efficient working environment with regular UCO pickups from Mahoney.
We are an EPA licensed provider of fryer oil recycling services. We can also help set up your business to properly handle and store cooking oil by designing and installing cooking oil handling equipment. All of the UCO we collect from your business will be reported accurately and it will be transported to our facility where it can be recycled to produce renewable diesel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services include the following:
- UCO level monitoring
- Pickup of used fryer oil
- Transport and recycling of used fryer oil
- Cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Fats, oil, and grease (FOG) should not be washed down the drain because these materials can damage the sewer system and harm the natural environment. This makes it important for all commercial kitchens to have functioning grease traps. If you do not filter the FOG and allow these materials to get washed down the drain, your business could be in violation of municipal regulations that could result in fines.
Restaurant grease traps protect sewer systems by separating FOG from the water with a system of baffles and catching them within the trap. The built-up FOG needs to be cleaned out regularly to avoid clogging the traps. If the traps are not cleaned out often enough, the following problems may occur:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Expensive remediation services
- Kitchen flooding
- Foul odors
- Business closure
Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental can install grease traps for your kitchen as well as provide cleaning and maintenance. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance to ensure that your grease traps are in good shape.
- Cleaning and repair: We will regularly clean the grease traps to remove the built-up FOG and provide repairs when necessary.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod or jet the traps to remove difficult clogs.
- Inspection report: Everything we do on each visit is recorded in an inspection report that is provided to you.
- History reports: Our detailed inspection reports create a documented history of the work done to your traps which helps us anticipate needed maintenance and cleaning.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: If there is an emergency with your grease traps, we are available 24/7 to provide cleanup.
- Compliance with regulations: Our cleaning and maintenance services will keep your grease traps functional and in compliance with local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Commercial kitchens need to have equipment in place that allows for the safe transfer and storage of cooking oil before and after use. You can reduce the risk of spills, burns, and other injuries to create a safer working environment using cooking oil handling equipment.
Mahoney Environmental can design and install cooking oil handling equipment that includes portable filter machines and commercial grease disposal containers. We provide the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects your fryers directly to your storage tanks, so you only have to turn a lever or flip a switch to transfer the UCO.
- Indoor System: With our indoor system, pipelines will run from the storage tank to the fryers but not directly connect. A portable filter machine is needed with this system.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated for outdoor use, and they feature UCO level sensors and filter screens over the opening. They also have anti-theft locks for protection.
The commercial grease storage containers we offer include the following:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection© 72 w/CO2 Enclosure
Call Your Atlanta Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental provides fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease disposal containers, and restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance for foodservice businesses in Atlanta, GA.
You can call our professionals at (800) 893-9392 to learn more.