Cooking oil is very important in commercial kitchens, and it must be handled and stored properly before, during, and after use. Once the cooking oil has been used, it must be picked up by a professional that can ensure that it is recycled properly. Foodservice businesses can ensure the proper management and pickup of their used cooking oil (UCO) by working with a professional oil recycler like Mahoney Environmental.
Mahoney Environmental provides used cooking oil pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in San Diego, CA and the surrounding areas. We can provide these services for a range of foodservice businesses including bars, restaurants, shared kitchens, ghost kitchens, grocery stores, hotels, and universities. Used cooking oil recycling is an environmentally friendly method of cooking oil disposal in which the used oil is repurposed to make new products.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is important for cooking oil to be handled properly from when it arrives as fresh oil until it is stored as used cooking oil. All foodservice businesses should also have waste cooking oil collection services set up so that the used cooking oil is collected regularly. If used cooking oil is not picked up often enough, there is a higher risk of accidents from spills or theft of the oil. Mahoney Environmental will collect your used cooking oil regularly with our waste oil pickup services.
We schedule regular pickups for businesses that are part of our waste cooking oil collection program to ensure that your storage tanks are never full. We will load the used cooking oil directly from your tanks to our trucks and take it to our facility where it is recycled. Our used cooking oil recycling services are tailored to meet the specific needs of each business. Businesses that work with us will lower their frying costs and have an easier time keeping a safe and sanitary working environment.
Mahoney Environmental is a nationwide leader in cooking oil recycling and a licensed EPA recycler. We can provide your establishment with the cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks you need, and we provide you with accurate reports of the used cooking oil we collect from you. The used cooking oil is taken to our facility where it will be recycled and used in the production of renewable diesel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), plastics and other products.
Our waste cooking oil and recycling services include the following:
- Cooking oil handling and storage equipment
- Monitoring of used cooking oil levels
- Used cooking oil pickup
- Used cooking oil recycling
Foodservice businesses can ensure that their used cooking oil is always picked up and recycled with the waste cooking oil collection services from Mahoney Environmental.
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Grease traps are a necessary feature of commercial kitchens to filter fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from the water and prevent them from going down the drain. Cooking oil and grease must be kept from going down the drain because these materials can damage the sewer system and they are harmful to the natural environment. There are also municipal codes against washing grease and oil down the drain and violating these codes can lead to fines.
Grease traps prevent fats, oils, and grease from going down the drain by separating these materials from the water with a system of baffles. The grease and oils rise into the trap which allows the water to pass through. The grease traps need to be cleaned regularly to remove the built-up grease and prevent the traps from becoming clogged.
If your grease traps are clogged, the following issues can occur:
- Kitchen flooding
- Contamination and health issues
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closures
Mahoney Environmental provides commercial grease trap installation, cleaning, and maintenance services that include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We will set up a maintenance schedule to check on your traps and provide cleaning and repairs as needed.
- Cleaning and repair: We will remove built up fats, oils, and grease and provide necessary repairs.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod your grease traps to remove difficult clogs.
- Inspection report: Our grease trap services include an inspection to document the condition of the traps.
- History reports: The inspection reports we create each visit will be saved to form a complete history report on the condition and maintenance of your grease traps. This will help us find and address any problems and anticipate upcoming maintenance needed.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can provide emergency cleanup services 24/7 if there is a problem with your grease traps.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: Municipal and state regulations are put in place to ensure that foodservice businesses do not wash fats, oils, and grease down the drain. Keeping your grease traps clean and in working order will keep you in compliance.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
Cooking oil always needs to be handled properly before, during, and after use by every employee. If cooking oil is not handled safely, the risk for spills, burns, and injuries is much higher. It is important for a system to be in place in all commercial kitchens so that the cooking oil is handled and transferred properly from the fryers to the storage tanks.
Mahoney Environmental offers several types of automated systems to effectively transfer cooking oil. These systems are safe and efficient as your employees will not have to touch the oil themselves. We can install the following types of automated cooking oil systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects fryers directly to your used cooking oil storage tanks so you can transfer the oil from the fryers to the tanks by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor System: Our indoor solution includes an interior storage container with piping that connects to your fryers. A portable filter machine can be used for oil filtration.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: These used cooking oil containers are insulated and heated and they are installed outside. Used cooking oil is transferred to the tank with an oil shuttle and these tanks have a screen over the opening to filter the oil. These tanks are protected with an anti-theft lock and have the option for a level sensor.
The following are included with the automated cooking oil systems we provide:
- Connective piping
- Oil shuttles
- Fryer filter machines
- Used oil containers
Call Your San Diego Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed oil recycler that provides cooking oil related services for foodservice businesses in San Diego, CA including used cooking oil pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and the installation of automated cooking oil handling systems.
Call the Mahoney Environmental professionals at (800) 892-9392 for more information.