Many commercial kitchens cannot operate without cooking oil, and they must make sure that they have a system in place to safely handle and store their cooking oil. Foodservice businesses can contribute to a much safer working environment by handling their cooking oil properly. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental will help your business handle and store your cooking oil and ensure that used cooking oil (UCO) is picked up regularly for recycling.
Mahoney Environmental helps foodservice businesses in San Antonio, TX with used cooking oil pickup and recycling services. We can provide UCO pickups for a range of foodservice businesses including restaurants, bars, hotels, grocery stores, universities, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens. Our regularly scheduled UCO pickups will ensure that the UCO you collect is picked up in a timely manner and taken to our facility for recycling.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
It is important for cooking oil to be handled, transferred, and stored properly using the right equipment and storage tanks built for UCO. Handling the cooking oil properly and storing UCO creates a safer working environment by preventing spills and injuries. Mahoney Environmental will help make sure that your tank doesn’t get full with regular waste cooking oil collection and recycling services.
Our waste cooking oil program includes regular UCO pickups for foodservice businesses. Our professionals will load the UCO from your storage containers to our trucks so it can be transported to our recycling facility. We make sure that our UCO pickup services meet the specific needs of each business. Not only can you expect a safer working environment with regular waste cooking oil pickups, but also reduced frying costs.
As an EPA-licensed recycler, Mahoney Environmental has become a nationwide leader when it comes to recycling UCO. All of the UCO we collect will be accurately reported for your records. We will also make sure your business has the necessary equipment to safely handle and store UCO and stay in compliance with applicable municipal codes. The recycled UCO is used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
The following are part of our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Equipment for the handling and storage of cooking oil
- UCO level monitoring
- UCO pickup
- UCO recycling
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
All commercial kitchens must have functional grease traps to filter fats, oil, and grease (FOG) so they are not drained into the sewer system. FOG can cause considerable damage to the sewer system if washed down the drain as well as pollution of the natural environment. Your businesses may also be in violation of municipal codes for washing FOG down the drain which can result in fines.
Grease traps use a system of baffles that separate FOG from the water and contain them within the trap. The FOG will build up in the trap over time, and it needs to be cleaned out regularly to prevent clogs and other issues. If you do not have your grease traps cleaned often enough, the following may occur:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closure
Our complete grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: Our professionals can provide routine maintenance to prevent issues that require repairs.
- Cleaning and repair: We can clean out the accumulated FOG and provide repairs when needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can clear clogs by rodding and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: We will provide you with an inspection report on each visit.
- History reports: Our inspection reports create a documented history of your grease traps which helps us anticipate maintenance needed and prevent serious problems.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can respond to emergencies 24/7 to help limit downtime and get your traps working.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: Allowing FOG to wash down the drain may violate municipal and state codes and lead to fines or even business closure. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance will keep your business in compliance.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
Cooking oil always needs to be transferred and stored properly before and after use. Mishandling cooking oil increases the risk of spills which can cause burns and injuries. Having a cooking oil handling system in place makes the transfer and storage of cooking oil much safer.
Mahoney Environmental provides automated systems to help commercial kitchens handle and store their cooking oil safely. Our automated systems allow for UCO to be transferred from the fryers into storage without touching the oil itself. The automated cooking oil systems we offer include the following:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connect Recycler System includes a direct pipeline from your fryers to your storage containers so you only have to flip a switch or turn a lever to transfer the UCO.
- Indoor System: The indoor storage container in this system includes pipelines that run to the fryers, but do not directly connect. A portable filter machine is needed to filter the oil.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: The heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated and have an anti-theft lock so they can be used outside. These tanks also feature a filter screen over the opening and a level sensor.
Our automated cooking oil systems consist of the following:
- UCO storage container
- Portable filter machines
- Oil shuttles
- Connective piping
Call Your San Antonio Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental serves foodservice businesses in San Antonio, TX with used cooking oil pickup and recycling services, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and automated cooking oil handling system installation.
You can learn more about our cooking oil services by calling us at (800) 892-9392.