Commercial kitchens go through a lot of cooking oil and because of this, it is important for them to have a system in place that allows for the safe handling and storage of cooking oil. Used cooking oil cannot be disposed of or washed down the drain, it needs to be stored and picked up by a professional for recycling. A licensed professional like Mahoney Environmental can help ensure that used cooking oil is picked up for recycling.
Mahoney Environmental is licensed to provide restaurant grease pickup and recycling services in San Antonio, TX. We can help a range of foodservice businesses including bars, restaurants, grocery stores, universities, hotels, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens with used cooking oil (UCO) pickup and recycling. Our professionals will provide regular pickups so that your UCO storage never gets full.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
After several rounds in a fryer, cooking oil passes its useful life. When this happens, the UCO needs to be stored for recycling in containers built for UCO storage. Proper storage and regular pickups of UCO help create a safer working environment by reducing the risk of spills and protect the natural environment. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental is a great way to ensure regular UCO pickups for your business.
We provide complete fryer oil disposal and recycling services for foodservice businesses in which our professionals will unload the UCO from your storage containers into our trucks to be taken for recycling. We can adjust our fryer oil pickup services to meet the specific needs of each of our clients. You can maintain a safe working environment and reduce your frying costs with regular UCO pickups.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA-licensed recycler that provides fryer oil recycling services and installation for cooking oil handling and storage equipment. We accurately report the UCO we collect from your business and take it to our facility so it can be recycled and used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services include the following:
- UCO level monitoring
- Used fryer oil pickup
- Recycling of used fryer oil at our facility
- Cooking oil equipment and storage container installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Grease traps are important for commercial kitchens because they prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed down the drain. FOG can damage the plumbing and sewage system if they are washed down the drain and pollute the natural environment. Allowing FOG down the drain may also violate city ordinances which can cause your business to be fined.
Restaurant grease traps keep FOG out of the drain by separating these materials from the water with a system of baffles. The FOG is then contained within the trap and it needs to be cleaned out regularly to prevent clogs and other problems. If the FOG is not regularly cleaned from the grease traps, the following issues may occur:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closure
Mahoney Environmental can install grease traps for your kitchen and provide cleaning and maintenance to keep them in working order. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance and upkeep to ensure that your grease traps are functional.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean out the built-up FOG from the traps and provide needed repairs.
- Rodding and jetting: We provide rodding and jetting to clear clogs from the traps.
- Inspection report: We create an inspection report every visit to document the condition of the traps and the work done.
- History reports: We create a documented history of your traps so we can anticipate problems and provide needed maintenance to avoid more serious issues.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can provide cleanup 24 hours a day if something goes wrong to minimize interruptions to your business.
- Compliance with regulations: Keeping your grease traps clean and maintained will keep you in compliance with local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Cooking oil must be safely handled and stored with the proper equipment and storage containers. Having cooking oil handling equipment in place helps prevent spills for a safer and more efficient working environment.
Our professionals can install cooking oil equipment in commercial kitchens, including commercial grease disposal containers, to help with the handling and storage of cooking oil. We provide and install the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connect Recycler System connects the storage container directly for your fryers so you can transfer the UCO into storage by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor system: Our indoor system features a dedicated indoor storage tank with pipelines extending and connecting to the fryers. The UCO filtration process involves utilizing a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are installed outdoors and feature anti-theft locks and insulation for outdoor use. These containers also have a level sensor and filter screen over the opening.
The commercial grease storage containers we provide include the following:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection® 72 w/ CO2 Enclosure
Call Your San Antonio Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is ready to serve foodservice businesses in San Antonio, TX with fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease disposal containers, and restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance.
Call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 893-9392 for more about our services.