Many gallons of cooking oil are used in restaurants and commercial kitchens which makes proper handling and storage of the oil very important. Especially after use, used cooking oil (UCO) needs to be transferred and stored properly so it can be taken to a facility to be recycled. A licensed professional can work with foodservice businesses to pick up UCO and take it to a facility for recycling.
Mahoney Environmental provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for restaurants and commercial kitchens in New York, NY and the surrounding NYC metro area. We are an EPA-licensed recycler that works with a variety of food service businesses, including restaurants, bars, cafes, ghost kitchens, shared kitchens, universities, hotels, grocery stores, and more, to pick up their UCO and take it to a facility where it is recycled.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil can only be used so many times before it passes its useful life and needs to be replaced with fresh oil. When cooking oil has been used, it must be stored in the proper storage tanks until a professional can collect it for recycling. Proper handling and storage of UCO helps protect the natural environment and recycling the UCO is an eco-friendly process. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental will ensure that UCO is taken to a facility where it can be recycled.
Our professionals provide fryer oil disposal and recycling services for foodservice businesses. We collect the UCO directly from the storage tanks and take it to a facility where it can be recycled and used for the production of eco-friendly materials. Our UCO pickup services are tailored to suit the specific needs of each of our clients. You can reduce the frying costs for your business and create a safer working environment with regular UCO pickups.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA-licensed professional that provides fryer oil recycling services. We also install cooking oil handling systems and equipment for the safe handling and storage of fresh and used cooking oil. We provide an accurate report of all UCO that we collect from your establishment, and we take it to our recycling facility where it is used to produce plastics, renewable diesel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services include the following:
- Level monitoring of UCO
- Used fryer oil pickup
- Transport and recycling of used fryer oil
- Storage tank and cooking oil handling equipment installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Grease traps are a necessary feature of all commercial kitchens to help prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from washing down the drain. FOG can cause damage to the sewer system if it does down the drain and pollute the environment. Allowing FOG down the drain may also violate municipal and state codes which can get your business fined or temporarily shut down.
Restaurant grease traps use a system of baffles to separate the fats, oil, and grease from the water and contain them within the trap. The buildup of FOG within the traps can eventually lead to problems which is why the grease traps need regular cleaning. If grease traps are not cleared, the following problems may arise:
- Kitchen flooding
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation
- Business closure
- Contamination and health issues
The grease trap cleaning and maintenance services that we provide include removing built up FOG from the traps as well as maintenance and repairs to keep the traps in working order. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We will provide regular grease trap cleaning and maintenance to ensure that they are working properly.
- Cleaning and repair: Built up FOG will be removed, and we will provide any repairs that are needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod or jet the traps to remove difficult clogs.
- Inspection report: Each visit, we will make an inspection report of the work we did and the condition of the traps.
- History reports: The inspection reports will help us track the repair and maintenance history of your traps so we can anticipate potential problems and needed maintenance.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We provide 24/7 services to clean and repair traps in case of an emergency.
- Compliance with regulations: Clean and functional grease traps will help you avoid fines by staying in compliance with local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Cooking oil always needs to be handled and stored properly, before and after use, and foodservice businesses need the proper equipment to do this. You can reduce the risk of spills, burns, and injuries for a safer working environment by properly handling and storing the cooking oil with the right equipment.
Mahoney Environmental can provide and install cooking oil handling equipment that includes commercial grease disposal containers and frying oil filter machines. We offer the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects the fryers to the storage tanks directly so you can transfer the UCO to the tank with the flip of a switch or turn of a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system does not directly connect the fryer to the storage tank, but the pipelines from the tank run near the fryers. The UCO must be filtered with a frying oil filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated for outdoor use and are equipped with level sensors and filter screens over the opening. They also have anti-theft locks for protection.
The commercial grease storage containers we provide include the following:
- ClearView Inside Storage Tank
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Outside Enclosure 72 with CO2 Cabinet
Call Your New York Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental works with foodservice businesses in the New York City metro area and Long Island to provide fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease disposal containers, and restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance. You can talk to our professionals by calling (800) 893-9392.