Commercial kitchens handle a lot of cooking oil before and after use and it is important for the safety and efficiency of the kitchen for the cooking oil to be handled properly. Once cooking oil passes its useful life, it must be transferred to a storage container so it can be picked up for recycling. The best way to ensure that used cooking oil is collected and recycled properly is for foodservice businesses to work with a professional that is licensed to provide restaurant grease pickup services.
Mahoney Environmental provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services in Houston, TX to help restaurants and commercial kitchens. We provide used cooking oil (UCO) recycling for any type of foodservice business including restaurants, grocery stores, bars, ghost kitchens, hotels, and universities. You can expect regular used cooking oil pickups when you work with our professionals at Mahoney.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil is essential in commercial kitchens, and it is important to handle and store it properly after it is used so it can be collected for recycling. Transferring and storing used cooking oil properly will provide a safer work environment by preventing burns and spills and protect the natural environment. The best way to ensure proper fryer oil recycling is to work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental.
Our professionals will pickup your used cooking oil from your storage tank and take it to the proper facility for cooking oil recycling. We tailor our fryer oil disposal and recycling services to suit the specific needs of your business and ensure that we make timely pickups. Our services will not only help you create a safer working environment, but also reduce your frying costs. Your used cooking oil will be loaded directly into our trucks from your storage container.
We are a licensed EPA cooking oil recycler that also provides additional cooking oil services. We offer equipment for the safe handling and storage of used cooking oil, and we keep detailed records of the used cooking oil that we pickup from your establishment. The used cooking oil we collect is taken to a facility that recycles the oil to be used for animal feed and the production of biofuels.
You can expect the following from our fryer oil recycling services:
- Equipment and grease storage tanks
- Monitoring of your used cooking oil storage tanks
- Pickup of used cooking oil
- Transport and recycling of the oil
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
All commercial kitchens must have functional grease traps to filter fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from the water so they are not washed down the drain. If these materials do reach the sewer system, they can cause damage to the system and pollute the natural environment. Failure of your business to maintain your grease traps and filter FOG from the water can result in fines for municipal violations.
Grease traps work by separating the grease and oil from the water with a system of baffles which causes these materials to rise to the top of the trap. If the grease and oil buildup becomes too much, it can clog the traps and prevent the proper filtering of the oil and grease. If your grease traps are not cleaned, the following problems can occur:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Contamination and health issues
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closure
Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental provide grease tap installation and maintenance as well as cleaning services to ensure that the traps are working properly. You can expect the following from our grease trap services:
- Regular maintenance: We will provide regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance for your grease traps to ensure that they are in working order.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean the grease and oil from the traps and provide repairs as needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet grease traps to remove clogs.
- Inspection report: During each visit, we will make a report of the condition of your traps and the maintenance done.
- History reports: Our detailed reports allow us to keep a history on your grease traps so we can anticipate issues and provide the proper maintenance.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We are ready to help clean up the effects of clogged grease traps, 24 hours a day.
- Compliance with regulations: You can stay in compliance with municipal and state regulations and avoid fines with regular grease trap cleaning and maintenance.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
The handling of cooking oil from when it is delivered until after it is used is important. Commercial kitchens must have equipment in place for the safe handling and transfer of used cooking oil to help prevent injuries, burns, and spills.
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide and install equipment for handling used cooking oil including frying oil filter machines and commercial grease storage containers. Our automated cooking oil handling systems include the following:
- Direct connection: With our Direct Connection Recycler System, your fryers are connected directly to your used oil storage container, and you can transfer the oil by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor system: With this system, pipelines from your storage tank will run close to the fryers, but they will not directly connect to the fryers. You must filter the oil with a frying oil filter machine before it goes to the storage tank.
- Heated outdoor bulk container: Our heated outdoor grease containers feature a screen over the opening to filter the oil and a level sensor. They also have anti-theft locks.
We provide the following grease disposal containers:
- ClearView Inside Storage Tank
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-50 Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Outside Storage Tank
- Outside Enclosure 48
- Outside Enclosure 72
Call Your Houston Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental works with foodservice businesses in the Houston, TX area to provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling services, grease trap cleaning, and storage tank insulation. You can call us at (800) 892-9392 to learn more about our services.