Most commercial kitchens and food service establishments cannot operate without the efficient use, handling, and storage of cooking oil. Effective handling of cooking oil from before it is used until it is stored after use will not only help your kitchen remain efficient, but also create a safer working environment. Working with a professional like Mahony Environmental to provide regular used cooking oil (UCO) pickup helps businesses better handle their cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental helps restaurants and foodservice businesses with our used cooking oil pickup and recycling services in Cleveland, OH and the surrounding areas. Our professionals work with a range of businesses in the foodservice industry including cafés, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, hotels, universities, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens. We will establish a schedule for regular pickups and the UCO we collect will be taken to our facility for recycling.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
Cooking oil must be handled and stored properly from when it arrives, through its use, and after it is used. The cooking oil always needs to be stored and transferred safely and used cooking oil must be stored after use in a proper container until it is picked up for recycling. Safe and efficient handling and storage of UCO will help prevent spills and injuries and protect from theft. With regular UCO pickups from Mahoney Environmental, the UCO will be picked up and taken for recycling before your tank gets full.
Our waste cooking oil collection program includes regular UCO pickups for foodservice businesses who are part of the program. We will load the UCO directly into our trucks from your storage tanks and take it to our recycling facility. We always make sure to adjust our UCO pickup services to accommodate the unique needs of our clients. You can expect a safer and more efficient working environment, as well as lower frying costs, with our pickup services.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA-registered recycler and nationwide leader in UCO recycling. All of the UCO we collect from your business will be accurately reported and we can also supply you with storage and handling equipment to ensure compliance. The UCO is put through the environmentally friendly recycling process so it can be used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
We provide the following with our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Equipment for the handling and storage of cooking oil
- UCO level monitoring
- Pickup of UCO
- Recycling of UCO
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Every commercial kitchen must have functional grease traps to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from washing down the drain. FOG can damage the sewer system and cause environmental harm. Businesses can also be fined for washing FOG down the drain as this is a violation of municipal codes.
Grease traps work by separating fats, oil, and grease from the water with a system of baffles and keeping them contained. The traps will fill up with FOG that needs to be cleaned out regularly to avoid clogs and other problems that can arise.
Failure to clean out grease traps can cause the following issues:
- Kitchen flooding
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation
- Contamination and health issues
- Closure of your business
The complete grease trap installation, cleaning, and maintenance services we provide include:
- Regular maintenance: We will provide regular maintenance to check your grease traps for any issues and ensure that they are working properly.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean out the FOG contained within the traps and provide repairs when needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove difficult clogs by rodding and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: We provide a report of our inspection and work done on each visit.
- History reports: Our documentation creates a full history of your grease traps which helps us anticipate and address potential issues and needed maintenance.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We provide 24-hour emergency services to respond to issues and keep your traps working.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulations: Functional grease traps will prevent FOG from being washed down the drain and keep you in compliance with municipal and state regulations. Violating these regulations can lead to fines and even temporary shutdown.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
It is important for cooking oil to be handled and stored properly before, during, and after use. Improper handling and storage of the cooking oil increases the risk of spills and injuries. All commercial kitchens must have a system in place to transfer and store cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental provides cooking oil handling and storage equipment and we can design and install a system to fit each kitchen. Our automated systems make the transfer and storage of cooking oil easy as your employees will never have to touch the oil. The automated cooking oil systems we provide include the following:
- Direct Connection: The Direct Connect Recycler System allows for the easy transfer of UCO by flipping a switch or turning a lever as the fryers are connected directly to the UCO storage tank.
- Indoor System: Our indoor solution includes an interior storage container with piping that connects to your fryers. A portable filter machine can be used for oil filtration.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: This outdoor storage container is insulated and heated for outdoor use and includes a screen over the opening to filter the UCO. These tanks also have anti-theft locks and a level sensor.
Our cooking oil handling systems consist of the following:
- Oil shuttles
- Connective piping
- Fryer filter machines
- UCO storage tanks
Call Your Cleveland Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental can provide used cooking oil pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and the installation of automated cooking oil handling systems for foodservice businesses in Cleveland, OH.
To learn more about our UCO recycling program, call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 892-9392.