Most commercial kitchens go through a lot of cooking oil which makes it important for these businesses to handle and store their cooking oil properly. Foodservice businesses must handle and store their cooking oil properly, and make sure to store used cooking oil (UCO) safely so it can be picked up for recycling. Working with a cooking oil professional like Mahoney Environmental will help ensure regular restaurant grease pickup.
Mahoney Environmental provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Cleveland, OH and the surrounding areas. We work with many different types of foodservice businesses including restaurants, cafés, bars, universities, hotels, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens to provide UCO pickup and recycling. We are a licensed UCO recycler, and we tailor our restaurant grease pickup services to suit the needs of our customers.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil passes its useful life after several cycles in the fryer. Once the cooking oil is used up, it needs to be transferred from the fryer to the storage tank until it is picked up for recycling. Used cooking oil must be transferred and stored safely after use to help prevent spills and injuries and ensure that it gets recycled. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental is the best way to have your UCO recycled.
We provide fryer oil disposal and recycling services for foodservice businesses that are tailored to the needs of each client. Our professionals will arrive at your location and transfer the UCO directly from your storage tank to our trucks so we can take it to our recycling facility. Regular pickups will help you keep your kitchen safe and efficient and reduce your frying costs.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA-licensed fryer oil recycler and we provide and install equipment to help foodservice businesses handle and store their cooking oil. We make sure to accurately report all of the recycled oil we gather from your restaurant. The UCO is taken to our facility where it can be recycled for the production of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services include the following:
- UCO level monitoring
- Pickup of used fryer oil
- Fryer oil transport and recycling
- Cooking oil handling equipment installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
It is important for commercial kitchens to have grease traps to filter fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from the water and prevent it from going down the drain. Washing FOG down the drain can clog and damage the sewer system and threaten the natural environment. It is also a violation of local codes to wash FOG down the drain and could result in fines for your business.
Grease traps separate the fat, oil, and grease from the water using a system of baffles. The FOG rises up within the trap where it is contained. The built-up FOG needs to be cleaned from the traps regularly to keep them clear and prevent clogs. Clogs in the grease traps can cause the following problems:
- Kitchen flooding
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closure
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide complete grease tap services which includes grease trap cleaning and maintenance and installation. The following are included in our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services:
- Regular maintenance: We provide regular maintenance for your grease traps to ensure they are in working order and take care of needed maintenance.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean the FOG from the grease traps and check for any repairs needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet the traps to remove difficult clogs.
- Inspection report: We will provide you with an inspection report detailing our work and the condition of the traps on every visit.
- History report: Our documented history of your traps helps us anticipate the next maintenance needed as well as upcoming repairs.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can respond to your emergencies 24 hours a day to prevent disruptions to your business.
- Compliance with regulations: Our grease trap cleaning services will help keep you in compliance with local and state regulations which prevents fines.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Cooking oil needs to be handled and stored safely before and after use. The safest way to handle and store UCO and prevent spills, burns, and injuries is to use proper cooking oil handling equipment.
Mahoney Environmental provides and installs cooking oil handling equipment for commercial kitchens to safely transfer and store UCO. We offer the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System allows for easy transferring of the oil as the fryers are connected to the storage tanks.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system features a dedicated indoor storage tank with pipelines extending and connecting to the fryers. The UCO filtration process involves utilizing a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: We can install our heated outdoor bulk containers outside as they are heated and insulated and have anti-theft locks. They also include a level sensor and filter screen over the opening.
The following commercial grease storage containers are available from Mahoney Environmental:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Outside Enclosure 72 w/ CO2 Cabinet
Call Your Cleveland Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental serves the foodservice businesses of Cleveland, OH with fryer oil disposal and recycling, restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and restaurant grease disposal containers.
You can call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 893-9392 for more information.