Most commercial kitchens cannot operate efficiently without cooking oil and they need the right equipment in place to handle and store the oil. Handling and storing the cooking oil properly, including new and used cooking oil, will help make your kitchen safer and more efficient. You can ensure that your cooking oil is handled and stored properly by working with a professional that provides used cooking oil (UCO) pickup and other related services like Mahoney Environmental.
At Mahoney Environmental, we help foodservice businesses in Baltimore, MD with our used cooking oil pickup and recycling services. Our UCO pickup services are beneficial for bars and restaurants as well as hotels, grocery stores, universities, shared kitchens, and ghost kitchens. We provide regular UCO pickups to empty your storage tanks and take it to our facility so it can be processed for recycling.
Waste Cooking Oil Collection and Recycling Services
Foodservice businesses must properly handle and store their cooking oil before and after use. Once the cooking oil is past its useful life, it needs to be safely transferred to a proper container for storage before it is picked up for recycling. Properly storing your UCO and having regular pickups prevents spills and injuries in the kitchen as well as theft. Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental will ensure that your storage container is never full with our regular waste cooking oil collection and recycling services.
Foodservice businesses that are part of our waste cooking oil collection program will get regular UCO pickups. We empty the UCO from your storage containers into our trucks with no need for you to interact with our staff. We can also tailor our UCO pickup services to suit the needs of each business. Regular waste cooking oil pickups help keep your frying costs low and create a safer working environment.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA-licensed recycler and a nationwide leader in cooking oil recycling. All of the UCO we collect from your business will be reported accurately and taken to our facility where it can be processed and recycled to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), biodiesel fuels, and other products. We can also provide you with the proper cooking oil handling and storage equipment so that your business is in compliance.
You can expect the following from our waste cooking oil collection and recycling services:
- Cooking oil handling and storage equipment
- Monitoring of UCO levels
- UCO pickup
- UCO recycling
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation Services
Commercial kitchens need to have functional grease traps to prevent the fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from going down the drain. Allowing FOG to be washed down the drain can result in damage to the sewer system and even pollution of the natural environment. You may also be in violation of municipal codes without grease traps which can get your business fined.
Grease traps separate FOG from the wastewater with a system of baffles that contains these materials within the traps. The FOG needs to be cleaned out regularly to prevent clogs in the traps that could lead to the following issues:
- Bad odors
- Contamination and health issues
- Kitchen flooding
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closures
Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental can help keep your grease traps clean and in working order with the following grease trap cleaning and maintenance services:
- Regular maintenance: We provide maintenance services for your grease traps to keep them working properly and avoid serious issues.
- Cleaning and repair: We offer regular grease trap cleaning to remove the built-up FOG and we can provide repairs if there is a problem.
- Rodding and jetting: If a clog is difficult to remove, we will clear it by rodding or jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: We will provide you with a report of the condition of your traps.
- History reports: We keep a complete documented history of the condition and work done on your grease traps so we can address any issues and anticipate needed maintenance.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: If you have a problem with your grease traps, we are available 24/7 to provide emergency cleanup and repairs.
- Compliance with municipal and state regulators: Washing FOG down the drain violates municipal and state codes which results in fines and even business closure. Keeping your grease traps clean and in good repair helps you stay in compliance.
Commercial Used Cooking Oil Containers and Automated Systems
Cooking oil always needs to be handled and stored properly as mishandling oil can lead to spills that cause burns, falls, and other injuries. Every commercial kitchen needs a system in place that allows for the safe transfer and storage of used cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental designs and installs automated cooking oil handling systems that allow for the safe transfer and storage of cooking oil. Our automated systems make it so you can transfer UCO without touching the oil itself. We can install the following types of automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: We connect your fryers directly to your storage container with our Direct Connect Recycler System. This system allows you to transfer the UCO by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor solution includes an interior storage container with piping that connects to your fryers. A portable filter machine can be used for oil filtration.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: We can provide heated outdoor bulk containers that are insulated and protected by an anti-theft lock. These tanks also have a level sensor and a screen over the tank to filter the UCO.
The automated cooking oil handling systems we install consist of the following:
- Portable filter machines
- Connective piping
- Oil shuttles
- UCO storage container
Call Your Baltimore Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is ready to assist foodservice businesses in Baltimore, MD with our cooking oil services that include UCO pickup and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and automated cooking oil handling systems.
You can call us at (800) 892-9392 to learn more about our services.