Commercial kitchens go through a lot of cooking oil, making safe handling and storage very important. Used cooking oil needs to be stored after use with the proper equipment. The stored used cooking oil then needs to be collected by a professional to be recycled.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed recycler that provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services in Baltimore, MD. We work with all types of foodservice businesses to pick up their used cooking oil (UCO) including restaurants, bars, grocery stores, hotels, universities, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens. You can ensure regular UCO pickups by working with our licensed oil recyclers.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
After several cycles in the fryers, cooking oil passes its useful life. When this happens, the UCO must be transferred from the fryers into a proper storage container until it is picked up for recycling. Ensuring the safe transfer and storage of UCO and having it picked up regularly by a professional will help you reduce the risk of spills and injuries in your kitchen and protect the natural environment.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed oil recycler that provides fryer oil disposal and recycling services for foodservice businesses. Our professionals can load the UCO from your storage containers into our trucks so we can take it to our facility where it will be processed for recycling. We can tailor our UCO pickup services to suit the needs of your business and help you reduce your frying costs and create a safer working environment.
In addition to providing UCO pickup and recycling, we also design and install automated cooking oil handling equipment to ensure the safe handling and storage of the UCO. We accurately report the UCO we collect from you and take it to our facility where it can be recycled and used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services consist of the following:
- UCO level monitoring
- Used fryer oil pickup
- Used fryer oil recycling
- Cooking oil handling equipment and storage tank installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Commercial kitchens need to have grease traps that filter fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from the wastewater. Allowing FOG to be washed down the drain can cause damage to the drainage and sewer system which can also affect the natural environment. Washing FOG down the drain is also a violation of local ordinances which can get your business fined.
Restaurant grease traps separate FOG from the wastewater with a system of baffles and contain these materials within the trap. As the FOG accumulates, it increases the risk of clogs and other issues. Grease traps need to be cleaned out regularly to prevent the following problems:
- Kitchen flooding
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closures
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide grease trap cleaning and maintenance to maintain your traps and clean out the built-up FOG. If your kitchen does not have traps, we provide grease trap installation. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services cover the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance to ensure that your grease traps are functional.
- Cleaning and repair: We can clean out the built-up FOG from the traps and take care of needed repairs.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet your traps to remove stubborn clogs.
- Inspection report: We provide inspection reports that include the work completed and the condition of the traps.
- History reports: The history of the repairs, maintenance, and inspections we provide is well documented which helps us anticipate when maintenance is needed and avoid potential problems.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: If there is an emergency with your grease traps, we are available 24/7 to provide emergency cleaning.
- Compliance with regulations: Our maintenance and repair services will keep your grease traps functional and help you avoid fines for violating local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
All commercial kitchens must have a system in place to safely handle, transport, and store cooking oil. By reducing spills, burns, and injuries, you can create a safer working environment using cooking oil handling equipment.
Mahoney Environmental designs and installs automated cooking oil handling equipment to fit commercial kitchens. We provide the following automated systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects your UCO storage container directly to your fryers, so you can turn a lever or flip a switch to transfer the UCO.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system features a dedicated indoor storage tank with pipelines extending and connecting to the fryers. The UCO filtration process involves utilizing a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated and secured with an anti-theft lock for outdoor use. These tanks also have level sensors to monitor the level of UCO as well as a filter screen over the opening.
The commercial grease storage containers we provide include the following:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection® 72 w/ CO2 Enclosure
Call Your Baltimore Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Our licensed professionals at Mahoney Environmental are ready to assist foodservice businesses in Baltimore, MD with fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and grease disposal containers.
You can call us at (800) 893-9392 to learn more.