In the world of commercial kitchens, cooking oil is a daily necessity. But it’s important to handle and store it properly. Instead of tossing it out, foodservice businesses can be more eco-friendly by storing and recycling their used cooking oil. Fortunately, there are licensed professionals who specialize in restaurant grease pickup services and can ease the efforts of business owners and chefs.
Mahoney Environmental provides licensed restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas. We specialize in collecting used cooking oil (UCO) from various types of foodservice businesses. Whether you manage a bar, restaurant, hotel, ghost kitchen, shared kitchen, university, grocery store, or similar establishment, we’re here to serve you. Our professionals ensure the regular and responsible pickup of your used cooking oil, guaranteeing its proper recycling. With Mahoney Environmental, you can rely on our dedication to sustainability and environmentally friendly practices.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil can undergo multiple use cycles in fryers before it reaches the end of its usability. However, proper storage in a designated grease tank for subsequent recycling is essential when it does reach that point. The correct storage and regular collection of used cooking oil for fryer oil recycling are fundamental practices. These measures not only reduce the risk of oil spills and prevent accidents, but also contribute to environmental preservation.
To ensure a reliable and efficient process for collecting and recycling your used cooking oil, partnering with a trusted professional recycler like Mahoney Environmental is the best and most practical choice. We work closely with foodservice businesses, providing qualified fryer oil disposal and recycling services. Our process involves the meticulous collection process of used cooking oil from designated tanks, followed by transportation to our specialized recycling facility. We pride ourselves on offering personalized services, and tailoring our fryer oil recycling solutions to the specific needs of each client.
Also, our team of experts will be responsible for the safe and efficient transfer of your used cooking oil onto our trucks, guaranteeing secure transportation to our recycling facility. Consistent pickups will not only foster a safe kitchen environment, but also result in cost savings for your frying operations.
Mahoney Environmental holds an EPA license for providing fryer oil recycling services. Along with the pickup and recycling services, we install cooking oil handling equipment to ensure safe and effective storage of the oil in your establishment. Be assured that all the cooking oil we collect is carefully documented and processed at our recycling facility so it can be used to produce renewable diesel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), and various other environmentally conscious products.
As part of our fryer oil recycling services, you can expect the following:
- Regular tracking of used cooking oil levels in your tanks
- Regular collection of used fryer oil
- Safe and careful transportation of used fryer oil
- Recycling the collected used fryer oil
- Installing storage tanks and cooking oil equipment based on needs and preferences
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
In commercial kitchens, grease traps are a must to stop fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from going down the drain. When FOG enters the drain, it can harm plumbing and sewage systems, and have detrimental effects on the natural environment. Your business may also incur fines for disregarding city ordinances by disposing of oil in this manner.
Grease traps in restaurants operate by employing a system of baffles to separate fats, oils, and grease from the water. These substances subsequently rise to the surface and are captured within the traps. It’s essential to conduct regular cleaning of these traps because an accumulation of grease and oil can result in clogs, leading to a variety of problems. If the traps become full or obstructed, the following issues may arise:
- Offensive smell
- Uncontrolled flooding in the kitchen
- Contamination of kitchen supplies
- Health risks and concerns
- Closing of businesses
- Fines and charges
Mahoney Environmental specializes in grease trap cleaning and maintenance, offering a range of services to keep your commercial kitchen running smoothly. This includes:
- Regular Maintenance: Our team provides scheduled grease trap cleaning and maintenance, ensuring your traps are consistently in top condition.
- Cleaning and Repair: We expertly remove oil and grease buildup from the traps and perform necessary repairs to maintain their functionality.
- Rodding and Jetting: We conduct rodding and jetting techniques to effectively clear the difficult clogs.
- Inspection Report: We provide a comprehensive detailed report outlining the condition of your grease traps after each visit.
- History Reports: We maintain records of all repairs and maintenance, for future needs and requirements.
- Emergency 24/7 Cleanup: We provide 24/7 emergency grease trap cleanups, preventing kitchen damage and potential risks.
- Regulatory Compliance: We ensure that your grease traps operate in compliance with local and state regulations, helping you avoid potential compliance issues.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
The safe handling and storage of cooking oil in commercial kitchens is very important to avoid spills, burns, and injuries, making the workplace safer.
At Mahoney Environmental, we can set up cooking oil handling equipment, such as frying oil filter machines and commercial grease disposal containers. We offer three types of automated systems for cooking oil management, such as:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System makes it easy to transfer used cooking oil from fryers to storage tanks. You can do it by simply turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor System: In our indoor setup, we have a dedicated storage tank placed inside. Pipes connect this tank to the fryers. To filter the used cooking oil, we use a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor containers are kept outside. They are well-insulated and include a filter screen for the oil, locks to prevent theft, and sensors to track the oil levels inside the tank.
Here’s a list of our commercial grease storage containers:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection© 72 w/CO2 Enclosure
Call Your Raleigh Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is your go-to oil recycler in Raleigh, NC. We offer fryer oil disposal and recycling, restaurant grease trap cleaning, and we provide grease disposal containers for foodservice businesses.