A high volume of cooking oil is used in most commercial kitchens, and it is important for the cooking oil to be handled and stored properly. Foodservice businesses cannot simply dispose of the cooking oil after it is used as it needs to be stored for recycling. Used cooking oil can be picked up by a licensed professional that provides restaurant grease pickup services.
Mahoney Environmental is a licensed provider of restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Miami, FL. We can provide used cooking oil (UCO) pickup for many types of foodservice businesses including bars, restaurants, hotels, ghost kitchens, shared kitchens, universities, grocery stores, and more. Working with our professionals will ensure that your used cooking oil is picked up regularly to be recycled.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil can be used in the fryers several times before it is no longer useful. Once the cooking oil can no longer be used, it needs to be stored in proper grease tanks when it can be picked up for recycling. It is important to properly store used cooking oil and have it picked up regularly for fryer oil recycling to reduce the risk of oil spills and injuries and help protect the natural environment. The best way to ensure your used cooking oil is picked up for fryer oil recycling is to work with a professional recycler like Mahoney Environmental.
We work with foodservice businesses to provide fryer oil disposal and recycling services by picking up the used oil from the tanks and taking it to our facility to be recycled. Our fryer oil recycling services are tailored to meet the individual needs of each of our clients. Your used cooking oil will be transferred to our trucks by our professionals to be taken to our recycling facility. With regular used cooking oil pickups, you can keep a safe working environment in your kitchen and reduce your frying costs.
Mahoney Environmental is licensed by the EPA to provide fryer oil recycling services. We also provide and install cooking oil handling equipment to ensure that the oil in your establishment is handled and stored safely. All of the cooking oil we pickup from you is accurately reported and we take it to our recycling facility to use in the production of renewable diesel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), plastics and other products.
You can expect the following from our fryer oil recycling services:
- Monitoring of used cooking oil in the tanks
- Used fryer oil pickup
- Transport and recycling of the used fryer oil
- Installation of cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
All commercial kitchens must have functional grease traps to prevent fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed down the drain. If these materials do get down the drain, they can damage the plumbing and sewage system and harm the natural environment. Your business could also be fined for washing oil down the drain as this violates city ordinances.
Restaurant grease traps work by separating the fats, oil, and grease from the water with a system of baffles. These materials than rise up from the water and get caught in the traps. It is important for the traps to be cleaned regularly because enough grease and oil buildup will clog the traps and cause a number of problems. The following may occur if the traps are full or clogged:
- Foul odors
- Kitchen flooding
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Business closure
Mahoney Environmental provides grease trap cleaning and maintenance in which we will clean out the traps and provide maintenance and repairs as needed. We can also install grease traps in commercial kitchens. You can expect the following from our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services:
- Regular maintenance: Our professionals will provide regularly scheduled grease trap cleaning and maintenance.
- Cleaning and repair: We will remove the oil and grease from the traps and provide repairs if necessary to keep the traps functional.
- Rodding and jetting: We can remove tough clogs by rodding and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: We will provide an inspection report of the condition of the traps with each visit.
- History reports: We track the history of the repairs and maintenance of your grease traps which helps us anticipate needed maintenance and identify and address issues before they become a bigger problem.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We are available to clean backed up grease traps 24/7 to prevent damage in your kitchen.
- Compliance with regulations: We will ensure that your grease traps are working properly which will keep you in compliance with local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
It is important for commercial kitchens to have equipment that allows for the safe handling and storage of cooking oil before and after use. Cooking oil handling equipment helps create a safer working environment by reducing the risk of spills, burns, and injuries.
At Mahoney Environmental, we can install cooking oil handling equipment including frying oil filter machines and commercial grease disposal containers. The automated cooking oil handling systems we provide include the following:
- Direct Connection: With our Direct Connection Recycler System, the fryers are connected directly to the storage tanks so you can transfer the used cooking oil by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system consists of an indoor storage tank with pipelines that run to the fryers, but they do not connect directly. A frying oil filter machine must be used to filter the oil.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: Our heated outdoor bulk containers are insulated and installed outdoors. These tanks feature a screen over the opening to filter the oil, anti-theft locks, and level sensors to keep track of the oil levels in the tank.
We provide the following commercial grease storage containers:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Outside Enclosure 72 w/ CO2 Cabinet
Call Your Miami Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is a professional oil recycler in Miami, FL that provides fryer oil disposal and recycling, restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and grease disposal containers for foodservice businesses.
To learn more about our services, call us at (800) 893-9392.