Commercial kitchens go through a lot of cooking oil and the cooking oil must be handled and stored properly for a safer and more efficient kitchen. Once cooking oil is past its useful life, it needs to be stored for recycling, restaurants cannot simply dispose of it. Cooking oil that is collected after use can then be collected by a professional that provides restaurant grease pickup services for recycling.
Mahoney Environmental provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for commercial kitchens in Boston, MA. We are licensed to provide used cooking oil (UCO) pickup for foodservice businesses including restaurants, bars, cafés, hotels, grocery stores, universities, ghost kitchens, and shared kitchens. You can ensure regular pickups of your UCO by working with our professionals.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil has a limited life as it should not be used more than a handful of times in the fryer. When the cooking oil is no longer usable, it must be collected and stored in a proper storage container before it is taken to be recycled. Working with a professional for regular UCO pickups will help create a safer working environment by reducing spills and protect the natural environment. Mahoney Environmental will ensure regular pickups of UCO so that your fryer waste oil is taken for recycling.
With our fryer oil disposal and recycling services, our professionals will load the UCO from your storge containers right into our trucks. We work with each of our clients to provide UCO pickup and recycling that best meets their specific needs. The UCO is transported to our facility to be recycled. You will not only maintain safer working conditions in your kitchen, but also reduce your frying costs by working with Mahoney Environmental.
We are an EPA licensed oil recycler that also provides cooking oil handling equipment so you can safely transport and store UCO. Our professionals will provide you with an accurate report of the amount of UCO we collect from your business. The UCO is recycled at our facility so it can be used to produce renewable diesel fuels, sustainable aviation fuels (SAF), and more.
Our fryer oil recycling services consist of the following:
- Used fryer oil pickup
- UCO tank level monitoring
- Installation of cooking oil handling systems and storage tanks
- Transport and recycling of UCO
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Commercial kitchens must have grease traps that are in working order so they can filter fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from the draining water. Allowing FOG to go down the drain can result in damage to the sewer system and plumbing and pollute the natural environment. You can also receive fines as washing FOG down the drain violates state and municipal codes.
Grease traps use a system of baffles that separates the FOG from the water and these materials rise up and get contained within the trap. The FOG contained within the traps must be removed often to prevent the traps from becoming clogged. Clogged grease traps can cause the following problems:
- Kitchen flooding
- Bad odors
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closure
- Expensive remediation services
Mahoney Environmental provides cleaning and maintenance services for restaurant grease traps to remove built-up FOG and provide necessary maintenance and repairs. We also provide grease trap installation for kitchens that do not have traps. Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We will show up for regularly scheduled maintenance to clean out the grease traps and check for any problems.
- Cleaning and repair: We will remove built-up FOG from the traps and provide maintenance and repairs needed to keep the traps functional.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet the grease traps to remove tough clogs.
- Inspection report: We create and provide an inspection report on the condition of your traps on each visit.
- History reports: Our inspection reports help us put a history of the maintenance of your grease traps together which allows us to anticipate when maintenance or repairs are needed to prevent larger issues.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: If there is an emergency with your grease traps, we are available 24 hours a day to respond and limit the interruption to your business.
- Compliance with regulations: Keeping your grease traps cleaned and maintained will keep your business in compliance with municipal and state regulations and avoid fines.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
In all commercial kitchens, cooking oil must be handled and stored properly before and after use. Without the proper cooking oil handling equipment, your employees are at high risk for burns and injuries caused by spills.
Mahoney Environmental provides and installs cooking oil handling systems and equipment that make it safe and easy to transfer and store UCO. We offer several types of cooking oil handling systems that include frying oil filter machines and commercial grease disposal containers.
We can work with foodservice businesses to design and install the following types of automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System connects the fryers directly to the storage tanks, so you only have to flip a switch or turn a lever to transfer the UCO.
- Indoor System: With our indoor system, an indoor storage tank sends pipelines near the fryers, but there is no direct connection. You must filter the oil with a frying filter machine with this system.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: We offer insulated, heated bulk containers for outside storage. These tanks come equipped with a filtering screen over the opening, level sensors, and anti-theft locks.
We offer these commercial grease storage containers:
- ClearView Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Outside Enclosure 72 w/ CO2 Cabinet
Call Your Boston, MA Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental provides a range of cooking oil services including fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease disposal containers, and restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance for foodservice businesses in Boston, MA.
You can call Mahoney Environmental at (800) 893-9392 for more about our services.