There are many commercial kitchens that use a high volume of cooking oil on a daily basis. Restaurants that rely on cooking oil also need to make sure they are properly handling and storing their cooking oil before and after use. Used cooking oil cannot be disposed of, it must be stored and picked up for recycling. Working with a professional oil recycler will help ensure timely pickups of the stored used cooking oil.
Mahoney Environmental provides restaurant grease pickup and recycling services for foodservice businesses in Los Angeles, CA. We are licensed to provide used cooking oil (UCO) pickup services for restaurants and bars as well as hotels, grocery stores, universities, shared kitchens, ghost kitchens, and more. You can ensure regular UCO pickups by working with our professionals.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil can be used for several frying sessions until it has passed its useful life. After the cooking oil is used, it needs to be transferred to a proper grease storage tank until it is picked up for recycling. Ensuring proper UCO storage and regular pickups creates a safer working environment by preventing spills and injuries and helps protect the natural environment. Setting up regular UCO pickups with Mahoney Environmental will ensure that the UCO is recycled.
Mahoney provides fryer oil disposal and recycling services in which we will pick up your UCO and take it to our facility where it is processed for recycling. We make sure our fryer oil recycling services are tailored to suit the specific needs of each client. You UCO will be loaded into our trucks by our professionals with no need for interaction on our visits. You can not only ensure a safer kitchen, but also reduce your frying costs with regular UCO pickups.
Mahoney Environmental is an EPA-licensed fryer oil recycler. We also provide installation for equipment to help you handle and store cooking oil safely within your kitchen. You will get an accurate report of the UCO we collect from you and we take it to our recycling facility where it is used to produce sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services consist of the following:
- UCO tank monitoring
- Used fryer oil pickup
- UCO transport and recycling
- Cooking oil handling equipment and storage tank installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Commercial kitchens that use cooking oil must have working grease traps to keep fats, oil, and grease (FOG) from being washed into the sewer system. Allowing FOG to be washed down the drain can cause damage to the sewer system and pollute the natural environment. Washing FOG down the drain may also violate city ordinances which can lead to fines for your business.
Restaurant grease traps use a system of baffles to separate FOG from the wastewater and contain them within the trap. The built-up FOG needs to be cleaned out from the trap regularly before it becomes enough to clog the trap.
Clogged grease traps can cause the following problems:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closure
Mahoney Environmental can help ensure that your grease traps are clean and functional with our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services. We can install grease traps for kitchens that do not have them and provide cleaning, maintenance, and repairs as needed.
Our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide regular maintenance services to keep your grease traps functional.
- Cleaning and repair: Our professionals will provide regular cleaning to remove built up FOG and we can provide repairs when needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod and jet grease traps to remove difficult clogs.
- Inspection report: We will document the condition of the grease traps on each visit and provide you with a report.
- History reports: The inspection reports we provide help us create a documented history on your grease traps which allows us to identify possible issues before they become expensive problems and anticipate when maintenance is needed.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can provide emergency cleanup for backups to minimize property damage and downtime.
- Compliance with regulations: Keeping your grease traps clean and in working order will ensure compliance with local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Cooking oil must be stored and handled properly in commercial kitchens before and after use. It is important for kitchens to have the right equipment in place to ensure the proper handling, transfer, and storage for cooking oil. Commercial kitchens are safer with a cooking oil handling system in place because this equipment helps prevent spills, burns, and injuries.
Mahoney Environmental provides and installs cooking oil handling equipment including portable filter machines and grease disposal containers. We provide the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System consists of storage tanks connected directly to the fryers that allow you to transfer the UCO into storage by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor system:Our indoor system features a dedicated indoor storage tank with pipelines extending and connecting to the fryers. The UCO filtration process involves utilizing a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: We install our heated bulk containers outside for UCO storage. These tanks are insulated and feature filter screens over the opening, level sensors, and anti-theft locks.
The commercial grease storage containers we provide include the following:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection© 72 w/CO2 Enclosure
Call Your Los Angeles Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is a professional oil recycler that provides fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease trap cleaning and maintenance, and grease disposal services in Los Angeles, CA.
You can call us at (800) 893-9392 for more about our services.