Restaurants and other foodservice businesses use cooking oil each day and it is important for the cooking oil to be handled properly at every step before and after use. After the cooking oil is used, it must be stored so it can be collected by a professional and recycled to be used in the production of other products. All foodservice businesses should work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental to provide restaurant grease pickup and recycling services.
Mahoney Environmental helps restaurants and commercial kitchens in Kansas City with our restaurant grease pickup and disposal services. We are a licensed recycler that works with all types of businesses in the foodservice industry including restaurants, ghost kitchens, shared kitchens, bars, hotels, universities, grocery stores, and more. You can ensure the regular collection of your used cooking oil (UCO) by working with our professionals.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil does not last forever as it passes its useful life after so many uses in the fryer. Used cooking oil needs to be stored properly in specialized tanks so it can be collected for recycling. Ensuring that your used cooking oil is stored properly and working with a professional for regular pickups of the UCO will help protect the natural environment and create safer working conditions by preventing spills and burns. To have your used cooking oil collected for recycling regularly, it is best to work with a professional like Mahoney Environmental.
Our professionals at Mahoney Environmental provide fryer oil disposal and recycling services in which we collect UCO and take it to a facility where it can be properly recycled. We can customize our used cooking oil recycling services to meet the specific needs of your business. By working with us for UCO collection and recycling, you can maintain a safer working environment and reduce your total frying costs. Our professionals will load the used cooking oil into our trucks from your storage tank.
We are a trusted, EPA-registered recycler that can provide you with cooking oil handling and storage equipment as well as used cooking oil pickup services. All of the oil we pick up from you will be accurately reported and taken to a facility of Mendota Agri-Products, a part of Mahoney, who will recycle the oil to be used in the production of animal feed and biofuels.
You can expect the following from our fryer oil recycling services:
- Installation and maintenance of cooking oil handling equipment and storage tanks
- Monitoring of the cooking oil level in the tanks
- Pickup of used fryer oil
- Transport and recycling of the UCO
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
All commercial kitchens must have functional grease traps to prevent fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from washing down the drain and into the sewer system. Allowing FOG to wash down the drain is harmful to the natural environment, and it can result in major damage to sewer systems. The failure to effectively filter FOG from draining water may violate municipal codes which could make your business subject to fines.
Grease traps work by using a system of baffles that separate FOG from the water so that it rises and is collected in the traps, allowing the water to drain. When the built-up FOG becomes too much, this can prevent the drainage of the water as well as proper filtering of the oil and grease. When a grease trap becomes clogged, your business can experience the following issues:
- Foul odors
- Kitchen flooding
- Contamination and health issues
- Expensive remediation services
- Fines and possible closure of your business
Mahoney Environmental provides grease trap installation, cleaning, and maintenance to help you keep your grease traps clear and in working order. You can expect the following from our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services:
- Regular maintenance: We will set up regularly scheduled maintenance visits to clean out your grease traps and provide any maintenance and repairs needed to keep them working.
- Cleaning and repair: After we clean the FOG out of your grease traps, we will provide repairs if necessary.
- Rodding and jetting: We can rod or jet your traps to remove difficult clogs.
- Inspection report: We create an inspection report on each visit to keep record of the condition of your grease traps.
- History reports: Our inspection reports are saved to keep track of the history of maintenance provided and the condition of your traps so we can anticipate upcoming maintenance needs and look for potential problems.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can answer your call 24 hours a day for emergency grease trap cleaning to prevent serious issues or the closure of your business.
- Compliance with regulations: We will make sure your establishment is in compliance with all applicable municipal and state codes to avoid fines and closures.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
It is important for commercial kitchens to have the equipment necessary to handle and store used cooking oil, including grease disposal containers. Having a system in place with reliable equipment will allow you to reduce the risk of spills, burns, and injuries by transporting and storing the used cooking oil safely.
At Mahoney Environmental, we can install automated cooking oil handling systems that consist of frying oil filter machines and commercial grease storage containers. We can install the following types of automated systems in commercial kitchens:
- Direct connection: Your fryers are directly connected to your UCO storage tanks with our Direct Connection Recycler System which allows you to transfer the oil by turning a lever or flipping a switch.
- Indoor system: With our indoor filter system, pipelines from the storage tank will come close to the fryers, but not connect directly. A frying oil filter machine is needed to filter the used cooking oil before it is put into the pipelines to the storage tank.
- Heated outdoor bulk container: These heated and insulated outdoor storage tanks have a screen filter over the opening to filter debris from the UCO and they come with the option of a sensor to monitor levels within the tank. Anti-theft locks on these tanks keep the UCO protected.
We provide the following restaurant grease disposal containers:
- ClearView Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- ClearView Inside Storage Tank
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-50 Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Outside Storage Tank
- Outside Enclosure 48
- Outside Enclosure 72
Call Your Kansas City, MO Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
At Mahoney Environmental, we can work with restaurants and foodservice businesses in Kansas City to provide fryer oil disposal and recycling, UCO storage containers, and grease trap cleaning and maintenance.
You can call us at (800) 892-9392 for more about how our cooking oil services can benefit your business in Kansas City.