Many commercial kitchens go through a lot of cooking oil which means they need a system in place to handle and store the cooking oil. Cooking oil can only be used so many times before it is no longer useful and the used cooking oil cannot be simply disposed of. Foodservice establishments need to work with a licensed professional to provide used cooking oil (UCO) pickup services.
At Mahoney Environmental, we provide restaurant grease pickup and recycling services to help foodservice businesses in Columbus, OH. We are a licensed UCO recycler and we can work with restaurants, bars, shared kitchens, ghost kitchens, hotels, grocery stores, universities, and more. You can make sure that your UCO is picked up regularly for recycling when working with our professionals.
Fryer Oil Disposal and Recycling Services
Cooking oil passes its useful life after several frying sessions. Once this happens, you can no longer use the cooking oil, but it should not be thrown away. Used cooking oil must be stored in the proper container until a professional comes to pick it up. Proper handling and storage of used cooking oil will help prevent spills and injuries in your kitchen and protect the natural environment. Working with a professional like Mahoney Environmental for fryer oil disposal and recycling will help ensure that your UCO is picked up regularly.
Our professionals will empty the UCO from your storage container directly into our trucks so we can take it to our facility for recycling. We will accommodate the specific needs of each of our clients with these services. You can reduce your frying costs and ensure a safer working environment in your kitchen with regular fryer oil disposal services from Mahoney.
We are licensed by the EPA to provide fryer oil pickup and recycling services. We can also help ensure that your business handles and stores UCO properly by installing cooking oil handling systems. You can expect an accurate report of the UCO we collect from you and once it is recycled, it will be used for the production of renewable diesel fuel, sustainable aviation fuels (SAF), and other products.
Our fryer oil recycling services consist of the following:
- Pickup of used fryer oil
- Storage container level monitoring
- Used frying oil transport and recycling
- Cooking oil handling and storage equipment installation
Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Grease traps are a necessary feature in all commercial kitchens to make sure that fats, oil, and grease (FOG) are not washed down the drain. This is because FOG can cause serious damage to the sewer system and pollute the natural environment. Washing FOG down the drain is also a violation of city ordinances which can get your business fined.
A system of baffles within the traps separates the FOG from the water and collects it within the trap. The FOG will build up within the trap over time and if it is not cleaned out, it can clog the trap and cause the following problems:
- Flooding in the kitchen
- Foul odors
- Expensive remediation services
- Contamination and health issues
- Business closure
Mahoney Environmental will help ensure that your traps are working with our grease trap cleaning and maintenance services. We can also install grease traps in kitchens that need them. Our complete grease trap cleaning and maintenance services include the following:
- Regular maintenance: We can provide scheduled maintenance to avoid serious issues and keep your grease traps in good condition.
- Cleaning and repair: We will clean out the accumulated FOG and provide any repairs needed.
- Rodding and jetting: We will make sure all tough clogs are removed by rodding and jetting the traps.
- Inspection report: A report detailing our inspection and the work done will be provided to you on each visit.
- History reports: Our inspection reports combine to create a documented history of your traps which helps us anticipate needed maintenance and repairs.
- Emergency 24/7 cleanup: We can provide emergency cleanup 24 hours a day to help resolve issues quickly and prevent any disruption to your business.
- Compliance with regulations: Keeping your grease traps clean and in working order will prevent fines by keeping your business in compliance with local and state regulations.
Restaurant Grease Disposal Containers
Every commercial kitchen must be able to handle and store their cooking oil properly using the right equipment. Efficient transfer and storage of the cooking oil using this equipment helps create a safer working environment by reducing spills that can cause burns and injuries.
Mahoney Environmental provides and installs cooking oil handling equipment that includes commercial grease disposal containers and portable filter machines. We can provide the following automated cooking oil handling systems:
- Direct Connection: Our Direct Connection Recycler System uses connective piping to directly connect the fryers to the storage container. You can transfer the UCO into storage by flipping a switch or turning a lever.
- Indoor System: Our indoor system features a dedicated indoor storage tank with pipelines extending and connecting to the fryers. The UCO filtration process involves utilizing a portable filter machine.
- Heated Outdoor Bulk Container: We provide heated outdoor bulk containers insulated for outdoor use and protected with an anti-theft lock. These containers also feature a level monitoring sensor and a filtering screen over the opening.
The grease storage containers we provide include the following:
- ClearView 200
- Metro SecureTrack® (MST)
- SecureTrack® (ST)
- MEC-400 Gallon Inside Storage Tank
- MEC-600 Gallon Outside Storage Tank
- Direct Connection® 48
- Direct Connection® 72 w/ CO2 Cabinet
Call Your Columbus Oil Recycler – Mahoney Environmental
Mahoney Environmental is a professional oil recycler that provides fryer oil disposal and recycling, grease disposal containers, and restaurant grease trap cleaning and maintenance in Columbus, OH.
You can call us at (800) 893-9392 for more about our services.